Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-08-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
Invisofish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is my first post, and I just wanted to say that this board has been very helpful when I can't seem to figure out the area/quest.

Now onto the troubles,

First, I've finished the Stout Mine stuff (including the Raskalion stuff), but the only thing that Scanthril does is send me to a "burrow to the north" (which I figure to be the Boogre Prision, went there, finished that, did not find any dagger)

Second, I'm pretty sure that I've killed Brahmar (the bandit king), prior to getting the quest, but now that I've got the quest, I don't get credit for completing it.

Last, After finishing the Boogre Prison, I found Shrew Chishi, but don't have the quest assigned yet.

FYI, I'm running an unpatched versin of the game.

Am I missing something/doing something wrong?
Invisofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:11 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

I didn't have these problems pre patch but it's pretty hard to meet Brahmar before meeting Erathsmedor (the bandit king lives on the other side of his mountain, near were the lizardlike assassin lurks). Raskalion may mention the "Burrow to the North" but I don't remember him giving me another quest (might have been something to do with him insulting the party Stout Paladin). I'm not sure about Shrew Chisi but someone can probably help you out, maybe Wyvern, or Sazerac or Xignal.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:29 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Invisofish!!!

WHen you go back to Scanthril and he tries to ditch you to the Boogres Caves, ask him about another job. That will get you the second half of the assassin's quest and you will then be able to complete it.

Shrew Chisi is the 3rd Dojo quest.

Brahmar is found on the other side of the Dragon Spire so unless you've made it through there, it is unlikely that you will have killed him already.

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:09 AM   #4
Invisofish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all.

I found Brahamar, and finished that quest.

I got the quest from the Dojo to stop Shrew Chishi, and finished that quest.

I am still having problems with Scanthril. He keeps telling me that he has no jobs for me. Is there a "time" limit until he has a job for me, or do I have to "do" something first?

Again, thank you for your input.
Old 02-09-2002, 10:10 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Invisofish!

Did you finish all the "stuff" in the Stout Mines prior to getting the first quest from Scanthril? There have been times when other players have gone into the mines and offed Raskallion and then located Scanthril at which point it is too late. Scanthril has to give you the job for the whole of the assassin's quest to work out.

There is still a solution, if this is what happened to you. Xignal or I can hack you an assassin's dagger. I already have a couple of hack requests sitting on my desk so would appreciate you passing a request on to Xignal if that is what you need.

Wyv
Old 02-09-2002, 10:37 AM   #6
Invisofish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wyv,

Yes, I got the quest prior to entering the stout mines.

But I'm wondering, I've been exploiting the pre-patch bugs like crazy, and I wonder if that is affecting his response?

what would I have to send, and where to get the item hacked in?

Inviso
Old 02-09-2002, 11:30 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hmmm - if you got the quest first then there really shouldn't be a problem. I doubt that it has anything to do with patched or unpatched. I've always played unpatched (being one of those fortunate few who has never had any difficulty with the game)and just using the keyword has worked for me.

Did you choose "JOB" from the talk keyword window? Or did you type it in? Sometimes that can make a difference.

Well, whatever. I'll let you try going through the chat keywords one more time and if that still doesn't get results. Email Xignal (you can grab his email address off of any post here on the forum) and find out if it is okay with him that he hack you a dagger (otherwise, you can email me).
What you will need to send is: a copy of your gamexx.sav (xx = the number of the game save, they start at game00.sav which is the first save slot on the save menu). Please ZIP the file! These files are very large and ZIPping them up helps a lot!

If that isn't clear, or I have just confused you, email me!

Wyv
Old 02-09-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
Invisofish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wyv,

Thanks for all the help. I tried typing in "job" while talking to Scanthril, even tried it with all six characters, but no avail.

I'll talk to Xignal and see if he(?) will help.

Inviso
Old 02-09-2002, 01:08 PM   #9
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Inviso -I'm at work (lunch break) now. Feel free to send me your zipped saved game via e-mail and I'll do the Dagger when I get home today.
Old 02-09-2002, 06:57 PM   #10
Invisofish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Major KUDOS to Wyvern and Xignal.

You two are GODS!!!!

Thanks for the hack Xignal.

And thanks to both of you for the help.

Invisofish