Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-18-2002, 12:23 AM   #1
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I need some guys opinions on this. This (mostly) has to do with the removal of leg hair. First a little information you might rather go without. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I got tired of shaving my legs, since it has to be done about every 2 or 3 days. So I switched to those lotions that disolve the hair down to the root. That only has to be done about every 10 days or so, and there isn't as bad a problem with stubble. Now the lotions don't seem to be working as well for me anymore. So now I'm trying waxing. The instructions say that the hair has to be at least 3/8 of an inch, it pulls the hair out completely, and redness is normal to last for a few hours. Also, if it the skin isn't pulled taut while yanking the wax off, there is risk of tearing your skin. But it lasts much longer (up to 6 weeks.) Now you guys tell me, do you think it's worth the trouble we girls go to, to have smooth legs?
Old 11-18-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

You'll have to post pics of your legs before I can respond. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 12:31 AM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I think it depends on if the hair stands out or blends in with your natural look. Also you need to do what makes you feel good. I like it hairless. But do not forget this is a guy talking. And with the crean not working it probaly has built up in your system and you are now immune.

Please do not ask about the armpits. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 12:37 AM   #4
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I prefer shaved also, but I would'nt go through the pain of waxing if I where you. Sounds awfull, and every 6 weeks! I would'nt worry about it unless your an italian with gorilla legs.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:57 AM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

If it's painfull why put yourself throught it?

If you can barely see the hair there is no point.

There are always those "Hair no more" sprays on those shopping channels

Smooth is good! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 11-18-2002, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 11-18-2002, 01:00 AM   #6
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

YES YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE ALL THE HAIR AWAY [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 01:34 AM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

I also prefer smooth legs on a woman, but I don't think leg-shaving is such a big ordeal for you ladies. In the winter-time, you can get away with doing it about twice a week (just regular shaving with a razor). In the summer, you might want to do it three or four times a week. Even so, my girlfriend tells me it doesn't take more than about fifteen minutes. I spend ten minutes a day on my face, so I think it works out pretty much equal for men and women. So yes, it is worth the trouble. Very much so [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2002, 02:29 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

ever thought of laser surgery??

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-18-2002, 03:13 AM   #9
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i much prefer shaved legs, hair just doesn't look good an girls.( Also i have female friends who hate not being shaven, not cause they worried about how they look but because they hate how their legs feel unshaven)
Old 11-18-2002, 03:14 AM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Hairless gets my vote [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]