Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

No-fly balcklist snares political activists

Seems now if you disagree with the administration you can expect not to be able to fly.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:13 PM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah and that would be terrible!
Old 09-27-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

How.....convenient
Old 09-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

It's the red scare all over again! except now you dont get kicked out of the country, you aren't allowed to fly out! And rather than being feared because you're red... you're feared because you're green. . .
Old 09-28-2002, 05:47 PM   #5
MagiK

Did anyone note where this article came from? SFGate.com?

First off thsi is NOT a....unbiased news forum, secondly they didn't mention these people who were not allowed to fly were involved with militant groups that have in the past taken radical actions....If you choose to take action...at least have the balls to accept the consequences.

Old 09-30-2002, 10:21 AM   #6
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

First off thsi is NOT a....unbiased news forum, secondly they didn't mention these people who were not allowed to fly were involved with militant groups that have in the past taken radical actions....If you choose to take action...at least have the balls to accept the consequences.
Magik, do you have access to some sort of secret intelligence of the people involved in this incident? If not, then how do you 'know' the article didn't mention their supposed radical actions? Or are you just pulling facts out of the air? Also SFGate is the web site for the San Francisco Chronicle, which happens to the be daily paper out and is no more libral then the New York Times.

Besides, isn't the idea of a militant peace group a little oxymornic, kind of like military intelligence? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 10:33 AM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:

Magik, do you have access to some sort of secret intelligence of the people involved in this incident? If not, then how do you 'know' the article didn't mention their supposed radical actions? Or are you just pulling facts out of the air? Also SFGate is the web site for the San Francisco Chronicle, which happens to the be daily paper out and is no more libral then the New York Times.

Besides, isn't the idea of a militant peace group a little oxymornic, kind of like military intelligence? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Wouldn't you like to know? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, if you do some research you can find things out. Try checking out some of the other news services that also report the story.

The New York Times is pretty far to the left in my opinion.

As for the hows and whys of what I think, I should have stated my opinion as more of an informed opinion rather than a hard fact. I am not in the habbit of just pulling "facts" out of my backside howver. I am just more familiar with how these "sinister" government monitoring agencies really work than your average conspiracy theorist [img]smile.gif[/img]

They didn't get kicked out of the system just because they did not like George Bush. If that were the case, almost half the voting populace would not be allowed to fly [img]smile.gif[/img]

I will attempt to refrain from upsetting the conspiracy apple cart in the future...please go ahead and be afraid...be very afraid

Old 09-30-2002, 11:02 AM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Wouldn't you like to know? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, if you do some research you can find things out. Try checking out some of the other news services that also report the story.

The New York Times is pretty far to the left in my opinion.

As for the hows and whys of what I think, I should have stated my opinion as more of an informed opinion rather than a hard fact. I am not in the habbit of just pulling "facts" out of my backside howver. I am just more familiar with how these "sinister" government monitoring agencies really work than your average conspiracy theorist [img]smile.gif[/img]

They didn't get kicked out of the system just because they did not like George Bush. If that were the case, almost half the voting populace would not be allowed to fly [img]smile.gif[/img]

I will attempt to refrain from upsetting the conspiracy apple cart in the future...please go ahead and be afraid...be very afraid [/QB]
You know Magik, I had just getting to the point where I could respect your opinions, not agree with them mind you, but respect them none the less. But now I see you are just another right-wingnut that is happy to look the other way as long as its the rights of 'those other people' that are violated and not your own. You pull your 'facts' out of the air and when called on it refuse to back them up, saying 'do your own research'. Sorry bucko, in a debate it is not your opponents responsibility to prove your facts, it is yours. So have a nice life, I'll go back to ignoring your mis-informed posts again.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:13 AM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Let's not forget the stories about elderly US Congress members, Medal of Honor winners, and state Governors who were detained at airports as well.

Those got lots of "press".

[ 09-30-2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-30-2002, 11:26 AM   #10
norompanlasolas

Quote:

now i understand the broad support of mccarthyism in the 50s.