Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 10:12 AM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

A few minutes ago the sky here in Minneapolis was black. I was leaning up against a window, engaged in pleasant conversation with two co-workers when lightening suddenly flashed with thunder being simultaneous. Normally, this isn’t too interesting, however there was a lingering electrical crackling sound. My guess is that the static electricity left in the air was dancing along the metal window casements on the side of our building, probably somewhere farther up. If nothing else, it re-energized our conversation providing a spark of excitement.

I know it’s been a while since I been here but, on numerous occasions, I have intended to stop in a see how all of you are doing. I hope well. Has anyone heard from RudeDawg? Please stop by and let me know what all of you have been up to for the past two months.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 10:15 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hello! Don't think I know you. I'm Kazara. RudeDawg hasn't been seen for a while (I don't know him either). Erm... the last 2 months? I've only been here for 3 weeks so I can't say a lot to that, however there were some interesting threads started. Won't name them all here, though.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-07-2001, 10:20 AM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi OTP

Sure is nasty here isn't it

Got stuck in one the torrential downpours on my way into work...doubled the normal commute time...not much new in the way of IW...check out the Missing in Action thread for news of Rudedawg, apparently RL issues are keeping him busy...how is the newborn doing these days?

Oh and welcome back

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-07-2001, 10:21 AM   #4
MagiK

HIHI Onthe I used to live north of Minneapolis just on the south side of the river from a town called Anoka Ever see the sky turn peagreen with a wall of clouds racingaccross the sky, with long dark whirlwind ropes of pitch black reaching for the ground...watched a storm like that come in from atop an Indian Burial mound once....ended up having to ride my bike about 5 miles through hail and tornado's to get home You guys get some really "cool" weather up there....I was there in 1976 when you had that major blizzard we had 7' of snow in the back yard...and it drifted right up the side of the house to the roof.......ahhh childhood memories

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-07-2001, 10:23 AM   #5
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Hello! Don't think I know you. I'm Kazara. RudeDawg hasn't been seen for a while (I don't know him either). Erm... the last 2 months? I've only been here for 3 weeks so I can't say a lot to that, however there were some interesting threads started. Won't name them all here, though.

600 posts in 3 weeks? Wow! You are a busy forum member aren't you?

Nice to meet you Kazara. Hopefully, RudeDawg will show up so you'll get a chance to meet him too. He’s a great guy from what I know of him.

Since I don't know you, please tell me a little about yourself. That is, if you don't mind.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 10:30 AM   #6
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Hi OTP

Sure is nasty here isn't it

Got stuck in one the torrential downpours on my way into work...doubled the normal commute time...not much new in the way of IW...check out the Missing in Action thread for news of Rudedawg, apparently RL issues are keeping him busy...how is the newborn doing these days?

Oh and welcome back

Boy, I imagine your commute was nasty. I fortunately beat the bad weather otherwise my commute would have been murder. If you don’t mind me asking (if you do just tell me to go pack sand), what part of the cities do you work in? I work in downtown Minneapolis.

Our son is doing well and is a source of great joy for us! He started sleeping through the night promptly at 6 weeks and when he last visited the Pediatrician was still in the 98% percentile for height and weight. Thanks for asking.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 10:33 AM   #7
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I agree...the sky is black as pitch here in Eagan this morning. Oh wait, we have tinted windows out the lab...I guess it's not so dark after all, but it's still nasty!!!

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 09-07-2001, 10:35 AM   #8
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:

Boy, I imagine your commute was nasty. I fortunately beat the bad weather otherwise my commute would have been murder. If you don’t mind me asking (if you do just tell me to go pack sand), what part of the cities do you work in? I work in downtown Minneapolis.

Our son is doing well and is a source of great joy for us! He started sleeping through the night promptly at 6 weeks and when he last visited the Pediatrician was still in the 98% percentile for height and weight. Thanks for asking.

Sounds like you have a future lineman for the Vikes on your hands

Unfortunately I live in Downtown Mpls (1 block from the basillica) but work in St.Paul...but our office is moving in Novemeber to the New USBancorp tower in downtown much joy for me...from 11 miles in car to 6 blocks on foot!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-07-2001, 10:36 AM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
HIHI Onthe I used to live north of Minneapolis just on the south side of the river from a town called Anoka Ever see the sky turn peagreen with a wall of clouds racingaccross the sky, with long dark whirlwind ropes of pitch black reaching for the ground...watched a storm like that come in from atop an Indian Burial mound once....ended up having to ride my bike about 5 miles through hail and tornado's to get home You guys get some really "cool" weather up there....I was there in 1976 when you had that major blizzard we had 7' of snow in the back yard...and it drifted right up the side of the house to the roof.......ahhh childhood memories

Yeah the weather up here can be dicey at times. Last year a tornado hit within a mile of our house but I have never seen anything like you have described. Fortunately, for me.

Nice to meet you as well MagiK So where do you live now?

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 10:41 AM   #10
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hello! I've been spending my entire free time on the forum since I joined . Erm... about me. Let's see... I am 15 years old and go to the Felix-Klein-Gymnasium in Goettingen. I lived in America for 6 years so I can speak English almost as well as a native speaker, although it has been going lately. My favorite hobbies are reading, playing computer and posting on the forum (). Apart from that I also go on bike tours with my family and go hiking in the mountains (during summer vacation). I stutter.

------------------

I am the great Kazara