Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I am having problems making money. My spendings always are more than my income and I am continusly having to make loans which I hate doing. Does anyone have any strategies? Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
During gameplay, press CTRL + x to go to the console, type WeaknessPays, and press enter. You'll get extra money now.

If you don't like to cheat, simply be more careful with what you build. Every start of a new city can be a little hard, but you have to spent your money wisely, maybe even raise taxes a little. Don't spent too much on your policeforce, firebrigades, education and healthcare when your city is not yet very big. Make sure you have your settings straight.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
During gameplay, press CTRL + x to go to the console, type WeaknessPays, and press enter. You'll get extra money now.
Can you do it when your in the city? Whenever I do it in the Region view, it doesn't work! If I coulda gotten these cheats to work, I'd have a booming metroplolis by now!
Old 05-18-2003, 05:30 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Like i said: during gameplay, so yes. Just bring up the console, type the code, and become rich.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Like i said: during gameplay, so yes. Just bring up the console, type the code, and become rich.
Hmmm...It just never usually works for me...I'll try again, I guess. Thanks, Johnny! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2003, 09:21 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Are you playing missions or just random maps, where you have to build a city from scratch ?

If it's the last, how do you start ? What are the first things you place in your city ?

Just curious.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:31 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Are you playing missions or just random maps, where you have to build a city from scratch ?

If it's the last, how do you start ? What are the first things you place in your city ?

Just curious.
You can play missons? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I start with my cities with a nice clump of low-density residential, slightly smaller clump of low-density commercial and a big clump of Agricultural Commercial. And I have a power plant far away, and some power lines that give the place power. I usually just put Schools and stuff in when they say that I need them. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
The best way is to give them a school, college, museum, library, hospital, firedepartment, and a policestation right away, otherwise your citizens won't be very happy. Just don't spend too much money on those sectors yet.

I don't have Simcity 4 yet, but that won't be for long. If the gameplay is a bit like Simcity 3, you should make room for landfill, and as soon as you have a roadconnection to one of your neighbours, he'll probably offer you to to dump his trash in your landfill, in exchange for cash. The more he brings, the more money you get. Just keep that landfill away from your housing areas.

Another thing you should do, is select parkingfines and legalized gambling. The people with get a little grumopy in the beginning, but that's just like in real life.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:26 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Huh...I can't do Parking Fines but Legalized Gambling is definitaly gonna be a GO! My stupid neighbor cities (Figures, I made them [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) wants me to dump my trash in THEIR landfills...I'll teach them with a few bolts of lightning!
Old 05-20-2003, 03:07 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The gameplay of Simcity4 is the same as the previous one? in that case, lower down your spending for health department. This will avoid your city from getting " The Great Depression " much much later in your game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote