Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 03:45 PM   #1
bullwinkle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One of my party (Jaheira, dammit) was mazed by an Elder Orb. Will she "come back", or do I chaulk her up as lost for good? If she will return to my party, where and when?
Old 10-03-2001, 03:49 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

mazed or imprisoned?

if the char's portrait has disappeared, the char is imprisoned, you will need to cast a freedom spell (9th lv mage spell) then they will return.

if the char's portrait has a little red square on it they are mazed and will retun in a matter of a min or two, depending on the intelligence of said char.
Old 10-03-2001, 05:16 PM   #3
Lazarus
Manshoon

Yes, and o I usually use only my main character to kill these elder orbs
Yes ,now what I do is, umm cast a 'spell deflection' on my main character,
then have Anomen cast a magic resistance on my main character,
then I leave the NPC's behind for a moment.(mainly because theyll die or something)
Then I assault these ORBS (elder of course )(only the main character will attack) then when they start firing those white things simoultanously it will be deflected back to them.
And while that happens I also cast some offensive spells like: Chromatic orb, Magic missile,The scorcher spell,etc...
Well if they maze you the magic resistance should do its work
Well if you intent to follow this 'course of action' (COA)' GOOD LUCK!!
By the way you'll be able to do this atleast if youre main character (mage or sorcerer) is level 13 or 14 (whatever)

P.S
Well if you dont there are probably better strategies out there..
-Lazarus

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 10:24 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

maze is only temorary. To kill beholders you only need shield of balduran. Maze is harmless.
Old 10-04-2001, 10:34 AM   #5
bullwinkle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks Kos-Ivan!

But do I cast the spell (hoping I even have it) where she was imprisoned? Or can I cast it anywhere? Is there a time limit? I think it's been a few game hours since she was imprisoned....
Old 10-04-2001, 10:52 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cast Freedom around the area where she got imprisoned.

Maze is more of an irritant than a killer. Maze is blockable by Magic Resistance.

Imprisonment ignores Magic Resistance, Shield of Balduran and Cloak of Mirroring, making it a highly cheesy spell.

Imprisonment is only nullified by Spell Immunity( Abjuration), Protection from Magic scrolls, and Berserker's Rage.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart