Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-19-2003, 02:07 PM   #21
MagiK

Awww Crap!! I missed it Antryg sorry. I would have loved to see it. Ill check and see if my Tivo taped it for me just from a content perspective but I was busy watchin Buffy, Smallville and NYPD Blue last night...in between snugglies with Colleen that is. I'll have Tivo search for the next airing and get back to you about it.

Old 02-19-2003, 02:40 PM   #22
Blade
Emerald Dragon

there is more than just that use for suv's i mean my parents wouldn't be able to tow their trailer with an ordenary car, and they hate staying a hotels and motels when out camping they say its not camping and i agree. Also they can't afford more than two cars so they have one that my dad drives back an forth, its a neon econocar. Some people also just don't like how tinny some cars can feel, i mean there is a huge difference between how riding in a suv, or large truck feels and a normal town car, besides just "the feeling of security" which i don't feel btw when driving a large car; i feel like you have to pay more attention when driving a large car because the simple fact it is so large. As for calling people who own suv's unwitting accompices to Al Quida that is just slanderous and wrong. Most of America's oil is impored from over seas, mainly from the middle east it is like saying anyone who drives is an accomplice to them. Why do people get so up in arms over what car you drive? If you don't like a type of car then don't get it, it's a way of telling the manufactures you don't like that car.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:44 PM   #23
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by realbinky:
I've never said SUVs have NO place. This is exactly a great use for them. But for 80-90% of the time, that one guy in the Xterra is driving only himself around (he's single) and getting 16MPG on roads that are clear and dry. I have a pickup that gets 12-15MPG, I hardly drive it. I have a minivan that gets aroud 18-19, I only take that when I take the whole family, and never far. I commute in my 30MPG car. In the summer, I commute on my 32MPG motorcycle. I have those gas guzzlers, but use them sparingly.
But what business is it of yours what someone else does?

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 02-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
And the Right is never happy when anyone questions their raping of our planet and peoples to live their comfy life.

Sorry, Atty, just couldn't resist.
Aww, Timber, I forgot to send you greenies a condolences card when the Great Ozone Hole started to get smaller. I'll do it when we drill in the Alaskan Preserve and the caribou start multiplying.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:10 PM   #25
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I'll do it when we drill in the Alaskan Preserve and the caribou start multiplying.
Start? What? When did they stop? The bloody things reproduce like bunnies if you don't keep the herds thinned! Adak had to have annual hunts and if we didn't kill enough each year the forest service had to go out in helicopters and kill some or they would eat too much and starve them selves when all the grasses were gone from the island.

Old 02-19-2003, 03:16 PM   #26
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm..... Methinks MagiK is trying to get me on one of my "We shouldn'ta killed off all the predators" tirades again.

Oh, and if we keep being good boys and girls about CFCs for only another 20 years, that Ozone hole will actually go away. Then maybe we can be trusted with our toys again. But, seeing it get smaller was just the end result of 15 years of truly HARDASS view toward an environmental evil. Too bad we can't be so responsible with all such evils.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:19 PM   #27
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Hmmm..... Methinks MagiK is trying to get me on one of my "We shouldn'ta killed off all the predators" tirades again.

Oh, and if we keep being good boys and girls about CFCs for only another 20 years, that Ozone hole will actually go away. Then maybe we can be trusted with our toys again. But, seeing it get smaller was just the end result of 15 years of truly HARDASS view toward an environmental evil. Too bad we can't be so responsible with all such evils.
Would I do that?

Seriously, as far as I know, there were never any natural predators of Caribou on the island to start with, the Cribou were imported there by the US Army during WWII so that American Soldiers would have a food source if the japanese cut them off from the main land. In this case (the one Im talkin about) these horny buggers just reproduce to darn fast, in an environment they have no predators in.

Edit: Did I just dangle a participle?

[ 02-19-2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 02-19-2003, 03:25 PM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
....these horny buggers just reproduce to darn fast, in an environment they have no predators in.... Did I just dangle a participle?
Eeewww. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] Dangle your participles elsewhere.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:51 PM   #29
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
We also aren't told how many jeep drivers or 4-wheel drive Subaru drivers (I'm sure that Paul Hogan was there.) also volunteered.
Subarus would get stuck, too little ground clearance. Depending on the jeep, it might get hung up also. The key clearance figure is how high the diffs are off the ground, and if the fender skirts are only 6 inches off the ground (as in a soob) forget it.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:54 PM   #30
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
Hell my Legacy GT Limited is more capable on slippery, snowy or rough roads than an SUV... Posi rear axle, electronic center diff, high tech design compared to 30 year old suspension and drivetrain designs in many overpriced SUV's. Every time I see the leaf spring rear on a Durango I laugh my a$$ off.
Leaf springs are needed for high load carrying capability, all the best light/medium duty trucks use them. I'm sure your Legacy isn't rated for more than 800lbs. [img]tongue.gif[/img]