Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-23-2001, 09:08 PM   #11
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Um, no they aren't. My character has a STR of 19 and wields Drizzt's Scimtar (which ever one can be used by neutral and evil-aligned characters). Everything you're comparing my damage to is in BG2, go play BG1 and you'll see that you can do more damage. A 19 in STR, I think, is a +5 in damage. Oh, and he has 4 in Large Sword. So that is added damage. I don't lie when I talk about my characters, maybe you should actually go play BG1 again, before you start dissing me.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:47 PM   #12
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Everything you're comparing my damage to is in BG2, go play BG1 and you'll see that you can do more damage...maybe you should actually go play BG1 again, before you start dissing me.
Foolish mortal... You just proved my point. You are talking about importing your drow into BG2 and how powerful he will be in THAT game, not BG1, and how you will destroy all the drow in the Underdark. So it doesn't really matter how strong he is in BG1, now does it? True, damage is different in both games. Not to mention that you won't have Drizzts' weaponry with you in BG2 (Until chapter 6, after the underdark)

Old 07-24-2001, 12:16 AM   #13
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Once I bring him to BG2, there will be equipment that is better than the stuff I have now. So my Drow will be even more powerful. You were saying my damage was a lie, but when you compared it to something, it was in BG2, while I was playing in BG1. I just posted everything you'll need to know to determine damage. Go take a look, and you'll see that I wasn't lieing.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:28 AM   #14
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

All I am saying is that you are bragging about your lvl 8 elf, and as it stands, if you imported that char into BG2 and fought the drow in the underdark, you would get worked. Its a different story if you play through BG2 and lvl up a bunch and then fight them. You are talking about your lvl 8 char wiping the floor with them NOW: which is BS, try it. If not, please quit bragging in every single thread I read, its very tiresome.

Old 07-24-2001, 11:47 AM   #15
Hesperex

Muwhahaha you call the Drow scum, you are but mear Iblith!! draw your weapons and prepare to do battle. and know this....you will be dead before you even hit the floor!

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 07-24-2001, 01:55 PM   #16
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by floyd:
All I am saying is that you are bragging about your lvl 8 elf, and as it stands, if you imported that char into BG2 and fought the drow in the underdark, you would get worked. Its a different story if you play through BG2 and lvl up a bunch and then fight them. You are talking about your lvl 8 char wiping the floor with them NOW: which is BS, try it. If not, please quit bragging in every single thread I read, its very tiresome.
Floyd's right
Old 07-24-2001, 02:03 PM   #17
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I also pissed off the drow at the temple while retrieving the eggs and even with a party of six level 15 or so characters the battle that followed was the most difficult I've faced by far- more so than Firkragg or the Unseeing Eye.

I scoff at the notion that a level 8 character, regardless of class, could even make it past the war party at the gates to the city...
Old 07-24-2001, 02:04 PM   #18
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

ALL BOW DOWN TO MY FIGHTER

80% MAGIC RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

25-30 DAMAGE

YOU WILL SUFFER, YOU WILL ALL SUFFER!

I'LL KICK YOU LITTLE DROW'S ASS, HAHA HE IS NOTHING, I WILL LAUGH AS HE TRIEST TO HIT MY -14 AC. AND THEN AS YOU HIT, I WILL DRAW UPON HOLY MIGHT GET 23 STRENGTH, GET MY CROM FAERY AND EQUALIZER AND KICK UR AZZZZZZZZZ
Old 07-24-2001, 02:46 PM   #19
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Ideals, how can your fighter draw upon holy might? Did you dual-class to cleric? Doesn't that special ability ... ahem ... disappear in chapter 4?
Old 07-24-2001, 02:53 PM   #20
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Sorry I'm in a beserker hamster rage I am not thinking straight. But who needs draw upon holy might when u have crom faeyr.

I was merely trying to get across the point that I will destroy him. My aim in TOB is to work up to 100% magic resistance.