Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2001, 05:56 PM   #21
Tananda
Elminster

1. Who was your favourite NPC in BG2? (I guess many will say Minsc)
Edwin, Minsc, Imoen on the first place, and Keldorn, Valygar, Anomen on the second. And Viconia... Honestly, I love all of them
2. What was your favourite phrase from a NPC in BG2?
This difficult question . Here are my favorite phrases:
1) You are as smart as Boo sometimes! (by Minsc)
2) Terrible hamster justice will be wreaked upon you! (Minsc)
3) I am to be continually plagued by fools? Conversation with you does not rate highly on my list of things to accomplish. (Edwin to Jan)
4) Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL! (Minsc)
3. Which NPC did you miss to have in your party the most from BG1?
Definately Kivan and Adjantis... *sob*
4. Which NPC did you like the least (as a character, not by stats)in BG2?
Aerie and Cernd. Plus, may be Jaheira (I used to hate her in BG1, so in BG2 it is just a habit ).

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 07-20-2001, 06:30 PM   #22
Jake
Banned User

1. Edwin, when hes Edwina
2. Korgahn
3. Edwin and anomen ("(My condition drawls fools like bees to honey) SILENCE FOOL!")
4. Jan talking to Mazzy about the great underwear shortage ("I was dancing naked on the crows nest...")
Old 07-20-2001, 06:46 PM   #23
Tancred
White Dragon

My favourite NPC?
Gad, a tricky one. I'd have to say... Yes, Minsc. Endless amounts of fun when it came to dialogue time, a good strong arm, a decent longbow shot, a fair healer when things got difficult. And a very smart hamster.

My favourite phrase?
"BEWARE! Your knees are MINE!" - Jan's battlecry. Had me in stitches... c/f Merry against the Witch-King in Lord of the Rings.

Which NPC did I miss most from BG1...
Dynaheir. What a spellcaster. Jeezus. Imagine what the INT 18 Invoker could have done at higher levels. Irenicus? Pfft!

Which character did I like least?
Couldn't stand Haer'Dalis. Cocky little berk, but an out-and-out wimp. Roll on TOB, I say, where I can swop the dancing, prancing twerp for someone with a bit more... muscle.
Old 07-20-2001, 06:56 PM   #24
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. Korghan rocks the universe. He is my No. 1 killer.
2. Again, it's Korghan. If you stand the group around long enough, sooner or later Korghan will bark: 'If we're gonna stand around here all night I'll go do it in a proper pub!!'
3. Didn't play BG1.
4. I'd have to cringe from the flames and say Minsk. I can put up with his stupid battle boo phrases all day, but I could not get the guy killing, and I needed him as a front line sword swinger. He'd stand there and do 1 point of damage a hit, while my leader paladin and good ol' Korghan were smashing for 15 to 30 points a hit! After about 20 days of this, I stripped Minsk of everything but his tunic and left him to rot in the Copper Coronet. I hope he had to eat his hamster to keep from starving.

Gavin.
Old 07-20-2001, 08:02 PM   #25
oldbittercraig
Elminster

1. Viconia- for the obvious reasons! I also found Valygar surprisingly effective.

2. PC- "I am the Fist of Death", NPC- Yoshimo's "HiYaaH- tourists like that stuff" was amusing.

3. Didn't play it.

4. Anomen is an obnoxious prick. Should I ever get the girdle of gender...
Old 07-21-2001, 09:03 PM   #26
Tancred
White Dragon

As a side-note - my personal favourite Irenicus quote:

"All I had left was the memory. And then the memory of the memory. And then in time not even that; the Seldarine stripped me of that, too! I look upon you and feel... nothing!"
Old 07-22-2001, 04:29 AM   #27
ForgeX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*Favourite NPC: Edwin
*Favourite line: Minsc - Go for the eyes BOO, Go for the Ey-
Edwin - SILENCE!
*Missed NPC from BG1 - Xan
*Most Annoying NPC - Mazzy

------------------
One moment of weakness....
An eternity of pain....
Old 07-22-2001, 06:02 AM   #28
Tuor
Elminster

Fave NPC has to be Jan
Fave quote: anything by Edwin especially when he's treating you like an utter fool in the thieves guild quests
Most missed NPC: Coran-what a guy, and Ajantis please please please why couldn't we have had him instead of Keldorn
Most useless NPC: cernd or haer dalis both of whom are utterly crap
Old 07-22-2001, 06:23 AM   #29
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

1.Edwin, great mage and remarks
2.many things by Irenicus...
'First my thirst for power was everything, and now i hunger only for revenge! and I WILL HAVE IT!' among others
3.Kivan... bloody good with the halbred and spear
4.Nalia. i cannot stress this enough. she asks how were helping the less fortunate by trudging around in her own castle! and shes sooo annoying!

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 07-22-2001, 07:28 AM   #30
Jak_TCM
Dungeon Master

1) It's gotta be Jan
2) Anything by the Lilacor sword, but especially "I don't chop wood, OK. I'm not an axe." I love the way It says that.
3) I liked Kivan and Dynaheir
4) Nalia is the most annoying NPC in the game, mainly because she's crap.
I always kill her in my game. ("Oh look a troll. Nalia, why don't you take care of this one? I'll look after your sword, and remember, no magic!" ................... SPLAT)

------------------
Jak
Jak_TCM@Hotmail.com