Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 07:46 PM   #1
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I can understand if thy don't let you import your XP and items from BGII. Like the man says, what would be the fun of bringing in a 31st level mage with every spell in his book, already? Well, actually, Id do it. Don't look at me that way, you would too, at least at 1st.But the important thing to me would be to bring my beloved Paladin with the 18 STR, 18DEX, 18 CON, and 17 CHAR. Hey, that was hard to roll.But if they let me have her, even without Carsomyr, I'll play. Oh, heck, I'll play anyway, who do I think I'm kidding?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 04:46 AM   #2
ispq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the official Vault characters in NWN must start at 1st level, and I even think that you will have to generate all new stats using the point buy system, probably with 25 or 28 points.
ispq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 06:29 AM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Thanx, but I don't understand the"Point buy" system. What is that, and how does that tie into importing your character from TOB?
-Galadria, loyal member of Keldorn's Order
"Galadria is ready, Prepare Irenicus"
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-13-2001, 08:56 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Remember planescape. You started of with a few points and got more every few levels. I think in nwn you get one point for every 4 lvl's.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 04:02 PM   #5
Redhammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From what I understand it is gonna be totally based off of the 3rd edition rules for sit down D&D which totally rock by the way . . .I dont know if any of you guys actually play the actual RPG at all but it is good.

Video games are cool for the visual, but you just cant beat an imagination
Old 11-14-2001, 03:01 AM   #6
ispq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The point buy system is actually rather straight forward. Before applying racial modifiers, one spends the points given to buy base stats.

Stat Cost
8 0
9 1
10 2
11 3
12 4
13 5
14 6
15 8
16 10
17 13
18 16

By giving each character the same number of points in which to buy stats, it levels the playing field so to speak, making it fair for everyone. You will probably have 28 points in which to spend, which might buy you the following stats: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10. The game will allow many other methods of stat generation, but I think from reading the NWN faq that this will be the official way.

As for playing table top, I and another DM run an open 3rd edition game set in Forgotten Realms, based around Triboar and the North. We are actually going to be running an adventure set in Neverwinter woods this weekend. We also use the point buy system for our game, and the fixed hp advancement per level. Check out our house rules: Campaign site

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: ispq ]

ispq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 07:55 AM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Many thanks. So, from this, I guess the only thing you import from BGII will be your character's name? Why all the fuss, then? Why doesn't everybody just generate a new character?
-Galadria, a proud member of Keldorn's order
"Galadria is ready, prepare Irenicus"
"Bare is brotherless back"-Holger the Dane
Old 11-14-2001, 10:54 AM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I think that you can converst your old BG character, but he will be modified alot.. Though you wont be able to pley with it online if you keep the scores and so, but for singleplayer and LAN you probably can. Reading at the NWN homepage you can read that they will let you also generate a character as you more or less like, but that character can´t come out and play online.

I´m looking forward to this game so much it hurts my bones! The graphic seems awesome, the gameplay cn finally be balanced in online moods due to the que system and so on.

And the Toolset.. Saw a promovideo showing a bit of it.. Man this is going to be fun! Have to start make room on my webpage!

Best thing is that most people can share their adventures with each other, play online with a Dm and.. well I just hope it doesn´t turn out as Vampire the Masquerade :S :S [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I will will it not to be like that! NWN will be great!, come on people NWN WILL BE GREAT! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] (Yeah, I saw all the Leathel weapon in a row this weekend when I had a fever..)

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 07:41 PM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Well, thanks a lot , everybody! That clears up all the questions I had. I'm really looking forward to it, too. I've played BG through enough for a while. Maybe this will make me get over Nalia
Old 11-14-2001, 07:45 PM   #10
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Well, thanks a lot , everybody! That clears up all the questions I had. I'm really looking forward to it, too. I've played BG through enough for a while. Maybe this will make me get over Nalia

Whoops, I mean Lady Galadria, a proud member of Keldorn's Order.
"Lady Galadria is ready, prepare Irenicus."
"Bare is brotherless back"-Holger the Dane