Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #81
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

He stood in the line as long as was needed, when the fire was clearly under control and only smoke continued to rise he stepped out and walked over to Oley, who it seemed was already in quite a merry state. From behind quite a few people were throwing strange glances at the pair.

"You shouldn't have run away when the fire was here." Vindson announced in a neutral voice. He wondered whether his friend had had anything to do with it, whether it was one of his so called accidents. He of course wasn't going to ask in front of so many people, but the thought lingered there.

Vindson was pretty sure that Oley wouldn't have deliberately set fire to the warehouse, but he knew that nothing was impossible once Oley started drinking. And from the smell of his breath, he had not only started, but was already well on the way.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #82
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley, Wizard of Woe

Oley smiled broadly as Vindson joined him. He then offered the flask to Vindson "Peppermint Extract, no alcohol, but it packs a whallop that will clean the sinuses, and burn a hole through anything blocking your digestion."

Oley regarded the building while waiting for Vindson to reply, and spoke in a low tone that would not carry farther than a few feet, "I could do nothing for this fire, I had a spell of arctic winds prepared, but with the child inside it would likely have frozen him solid in addition to weakening the building. My non-destructive spells are not designed to aid anything of this scale, and my destructive spells wouldn't have been useful except for bringing down the structure on top of anyone inside, there was little I could do to aid here, I could hardly mend a collapsing beam while it fell, and I'd be no good in a bucket line, and I've never been one to sit and watch from a distance, even after..."

His voice trailed off as he looked at the structure, blinked a few times, and shook his head, closing his eyes tightly as if to try and block out some image seen only in his mind.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #83
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

He nodded almost imperceptably at what Oley had told him. He took the bottle from Oley and took a swig of it, feeling the peppermint burn down his throat. He believed Oley, but was not sure of what the Locke's would think. They would need to find a suspect and Oley with his disappearance in the middle of the fire would be a prime one.

He nodded once again at Oley, then walked over to the leader of the guards who were there.

"I know a fair bit about fires as you know, since I need to work with them, so if you like once the building has cooled down sufficiently, just come and get me and I can give you a hand in sifting through the evidence."
Old 01-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #84
Keal

Kasimno

Kasimno stayed with Vindson through the fire after returning to the shop, and once he and Oley were talking about investigating he finally said,"I'll help too, with what I can."
Old 01-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #85
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Simon

Having sent the man to find Edward and warn him of pending trouble on the loose, Simon had walked back the the site along with three guards where people were still lingering and cleaning up. He spotted Vindson there along with his friend Oley, and a young man he'd seen around town before by the name of Kasimo. He also noted that there was a stranger at the site that he'd never met before. Simon filed the man's face away to memory as he approached Vindson.

For Pandaros: One of Simon's guards has stepped a little closer to you, watching you for any sign that you might think about running from this site.

To Vindson: "Hello there! The boy tells me something interesting...he says that he saw a man that you'd recognize from your shop coming out of this warehouse before he himself went in. He found the fire already burning. Tell me...do you recognize anyone right now nearby that has bought something from you recently that kept it wrapped in a cloth as he exited your shop?" He looked over at Oley, letting him know with the glance that he planned on asking him the next question.

The guard came to Edward with the message from Simon, but Edward was not surprised to hear it. When everything began to occur in town, It was Simon's place to be with the people and keep order at the site, but it was Edward and his team of guards that oversaw special town security measures. Already thinking ahead, Edward had secured the exits from town and was running other emergency procedures that nobody would even know were being implemented. The report from Simon only confirmed that such precautionary procedures were indeed required. The man responsible for this fire was on the loose, and had a reason for burning down the building...but what was it? He suddenly realized it, and shouted to a guard.

"Secure the jailhouse! Take a roll-count and report back immediately! GO!"

The guard scurried off to fulfill his order.

OOC>>>In speaking with Cyril before he left, I knew basically what his post was going to be and so I decided to go ahead and get it implemented.

[ 01-13-2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #86
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros barely noticed the smith sharing a drink with another member of the town. His did not miss the arrival of the town guard, nor one guard's slow approach.

"There goes any chance of finding work in this town," he muttered to himself. He started a slow meandering walk away from the ruins of the warehouse, his mind racing to develop a mental map of the surroundings based on his walk earlier that day. While he had developed an accurate internal compass while traveling in the wild, he founds cities to be more difficult to figure out. Nevertheless, he plotted what he thought was an indirect route that would take him to the town's gates and let his feet casually lead the way, one eye discreetly watching the guards.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #87
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Pandaros

Edward Locke did an excellent job at securing the town off from anyone coming or going. Guards were stationed at all possible exits.

Along the walk you are taking however, you see a strange guy quickly scamper off into a darkened backstreet behind a building. He did not see you notice him. You don't think he did.

You continue to walk along until you've come nearby the jailhouse where you hear much commotion. From what is being yelled, it sounds like there has been a jailbreak. You see a guard run towards the Locke estate, maybe going to tell somebody what has just been discovered.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #88
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

Vindson glanced at Oley, when he saw Simon's glance linger on him, but then turned back to Simon. He put a hand on his shoulder, and said in a slight whisper, while leading Simon away from the crowds so that his words only reached his ears:

"I only saw three people this morning. First was young Kasimno, who gave me some help in the smithy with finishing a piece of armour. But he wouldn't fit your description of someone leaving the shop. Then there was a man called Pandaros, who wanted a dagger and some arrowheads and was also asking around for work in town. He is going to be coming back to the shop for the arrowheads tomorrow, so you can ask him questions then. I didn't see what he was carrying the dagger he had bought in when he left."

Vindson lowered his voice even more, so that even Simon had to strain his hearing to be able to make out the words.

"The third person was your man come to collect the armour. He was however wearing it when he left the smithy, where I had fitted it to his size."

He withdrew his hand from Simon's shoulder and looked him deep in the eyes, wondering how much he had been told about the true mission of Durston Shacal. Not even the Locke's bought an armour for forty thousand gold pieces without a serious reason.

"Is there anything else you want to know?"
Old 01-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #89
Keal

Kasimno

"How would the boy have noticed someone leaving if we didn't?"
Old 01-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #90
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros paused as he noticed the figure rushing down the alley. He shrugged and then resumed his pace, only to be once again distracted, this time by commotion at the jail.

"What is it with this town, I can't even take a walk without running into trouble."

Pandaros walked quickly to an alley near the jail, finding a quiet, inconspicuous spot to watch from, being careful to avoid the eyes of the guards. With one hand on the hilt of his sword he observed the entrance, his mind split between putting as much distance between himself and this spot as possible and waiting to see what the trouble was.

"I guess I'm involved now, so there really isn't any choice." He settled in to watch, and to wait.