Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
Li Mu Bai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone. I am in the temple ruins and have the Sun Ray and Light stone, but can't seem to find the Dawns light piece. Where is it supposed to be located? I don't know if I accidently dropped it or never got it, but I am up against a warded door and can't get in unless I give the 3 pieces to the amanator statue dude.
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, MAJOR SPOILER:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The three pieces can be found in the following places:

1: From the Idol Head in the far northwest corner, after passing the Morn, Noon, and Dusk ritual tests

2: From the Spirits who want the bones of Amauna brought back to their proper resting place (near the middle)

3: From the Statue of Amaunator that you get to by crossing over the floor tile puzzle (or it may be from the shade that wants you to carry it across the tiles), it's back in there somewhere.

Check and see if you've done everything...also, make sure you give the pieces all to the same character, otherwise it won't form into the symbol.

Old 07-13-2001, 01:26 PM   #3
Gazza
Banned User

Firstly welcome to the board. If im right about what you're looking for the disk comes in three pieces. The first is obtained by solving the prayer puzzle by talking to the giant statue head near where Mazzy is held prisoner. The second is obtained from a shadow. You have to go into the room with the letters on the floor and enter the right hand room. The shadow will ask for you're help just kill it. The piece is in the corner, just move your cursor around until it changes so you can pick up stuff. I think you get the third from taking the bones of the child priestess back to the worshippers who are passed the room where the floor is like lava. Hope this helps you out.

------------------
Know thy enemy and know thyself and you will never be defeated in a hundred battles.
Old 07-13-2001, 01:34 PM   #4
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza:
Firstly welcome to the board.
yes, welcome!

I'd chime in but I think those two gents have solved it for you.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 04:04 PM   #5
Li Mu Bai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Min Spoiler......

Hey thanks for the responses. I think I ran accross some kind of bug or something. I had to backtrack to an earlier point, then when I talked to Anaman (or whatever her name is) she gave me the dawn of light and ward to protect me. The only thing I did different the first time around as far as I can tell is kill the second lich before getting the bones and giving them to the ghost. With the first time around I talk to the ghost and she says she'll give me the ward, but she doesn't give me that or the dawn of light piece (after I give the servants her bones) Pretty wierd...