Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
Driderqueen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I really like the sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind. Chainfire was the best. I feel like the only on in the world who reads them. Does anyone besides me read this series?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Yes, I do. Honestly, I felt the last book - Chainfire was a tad weak. The books seem to have been going downhill since Temple of the Winds. There was no real closure for the last book, although, things seem to be getting interesting again - we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next (and hopefully the last) book when it comes out. [img]smile.gif[/img] . It would suck if he had done all that setting up for nothing.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes I read them, I'm in the middle of Pillars of Creation, and just yesterday I bought Naked Empire in advance.

I like the series, it's definitely in my top 5 best series. But personally, I like the cast and world of the Wheel of Time a little better.

I've been thinking about this and I think it's because Terry Goodking end and start his novels as is they were standalone, like different little adventures, while Jordan created one smoth story. It could also be because Jordan's books are a little bigger so he spend more time building the characters with more day to day interactions.

[ 10-12-2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 10-13-2005, 03:15 AM   #4
DBear
Drow Warrior

Terry Goodkind is a bore. I found everything after the second book unreadable garbage.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

which one came after pillars of creation? i've read up to and including that one. i love them! but i don't have time to read them over and over again anymore. but my 3yo is named erilyn, after richards grandmother. i just loved the name so much!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

After Pillars of Creation it's Naked Empire then Chainfire.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
Mescaline
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Temple of the Winds was OK, then Soul of the Fire was just retarded. The beginning was so stupid. Thats gonna be my new idea for a CSI episode.

Man falls down in 3 inches of mud.
Man drowns in mud.
Man has no apparent reason for falling in mud.
Man is obviously not murdered.
Man is found to have affairs with mud puddles, this one turned out.......FATAL.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
Griefmaker
The Magister

I only really liked the first book. I thought it was original and well written. The rest weren't really bad, just so-so. My personal opinion, however, is that they don't hold their own when comparing them to the Wheel of Time--at least the first three books of the series. Books #4 through #10 seemed to drag on and were almost unbearable to read sometimes. I can only handle hearing about someone taking a bath so many times or read about how someone should have their ears boxed because they forgot to blink before I get bored and start looking for something to watch on TV. I hope the latest Wheel of Time book picks up again, or I will be disgusted with myself for spending money on it--even though I know I would do so anyway...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #9
Driderqueen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i like the wheel of time too but sometimes it just drags on and doesn't make sense anymore. i'm still reading the Lord of Chaos. I've been reading it for 6 months now, basically it's getting old. i only really enjoyed the first two. But Terry Goodkind's books were way better.The stupidest one though was "The Blood of The Fold." My personal favorite is Wizard's first rule. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I've read thm all up to Chainfire which I am waiting to be released here. Can't even order it because of some wierd mechanic of nothing getting here before it officially gets here. Don't ask.
Anyways, I love the books, Wizard's First Rule and Stone of Tears are my favorites. And about Soul of the Fire, I kept wanting to reach the end of that book, just to see how Goodkind will get himself out of the perdicament of the character design there. And he did it flawlessly IMHO.