Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-25-2000, 05:08 PM   #1
Archimago

I am unable to visit the Toad Shaman without getting that gentleman hopping mad and uncommunicative, by killing one of his idiotic villagers - you know, that one who hangs around the tunnel on the way to the Shaman's hut and simply WILL not get out of the way to let me pass without a good bludgeoning. How is this wretched minion dealt with or circumvented? - or is he a bug as well as a toad?

Old 10-25-2000, 05:11 PM   #2
Windeye

You must talk to Mekdawa near Nymph Lake! He will give you a word, you repeat it to the guard in question.

Hope that helps.

Windeye

Old 10-25-2000, 05:12 PM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

Ekbu will not let you pass until you give him your 'honorary' title, which you are told by Mekdawa.
Old 10-25-2000, 05:28 PM   #4
Archimago

I am getting past the guard OK with the title - it's the toad villager who hangs around the corridor and stands in the way who is the party pooper!

Old 10-25-2000, 05:36 PM   #5
Regis
Welcomed New User

I got by most blocking NPC's by moving forward and wiggling the mouse left-right-left. Eventually you inch forward to a point where you can get around them normally. So far it's worked for Toads, Thieves, Gypsies, Boogres, D'Soto (and a similar method got me through that underwater tunnel to the Serpent Idol*) and the occasional Miner.

*Another trick to consider, if you're lucky enough to have this happen: Underwater fights pause your drowning. So, if you're stuck in that tunnel with monsters, don't kill them all unless/until you can make your way through. Discovered this one while going after Lagoon Pirannha I had put to sleep with the witch stick.
Old 10-25-2000, 05:46 PM   #6
Spaceman

The way to get past the toads is just to say 'Goodbye' to them. Apparently they are in talk-mode. They will just walk away.