Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 02:03 PM   #1
Zauron

Unsatisfied with the lack of music in Icewind Dale, I decided to do something about it myself. I studied the game's inner workings and have figured out exactly how the music system works. On my web page right now is a file that will make the music play a LOT more often. I am also working on a small patch that will add more battle music and add music to areas that previously had none. Check it out at http://blake.prohosting.com/rubikant/index.html

- Zauron
Old 03-26-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Sir_Tainly

How's the second patch going? Balgin has been asking about more music in IWD.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123
Old 03-28-2001, 12:23 PM   #3
Balgin
Elminster

If you can unlock the IWD music (it only plays in one or two areas) then good luck to you. I only hear all the backing tracks and, after having tweaked the configuration programs (both in game and out) still only get to hear fight music in the Vale of Darkness (above ground at that)! So thanks.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 12:28 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

A nice little file, I'll see if it works, at least I didn't have to spend about three hours downloawding it.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-28-2001, 07:05 PM   #5
Hesperex

Nice one man, I realy like that soothing Kuldahar music, perhaps you could get that to play wilst we hack our way through the Hand of the Selderain.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Old 03-30-2001, 11:35 AM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

Damn, you're nice little patch did absolutely nothing to my version. I can still hear the backing tracks(as before) but there is no battle music playing. I can hear battle music in the Valley of Darkness (undead area) but only when above ground. Indoors or on any other maps it just won't play. It would seem that this is a common problem with the UK version and I think they made the same mistake with BG2 (although BG played just fine without a single hitch). If you can write a patch to unlock the fight music I'd greatly appreciate it.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf