Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #11
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Eh, flame wars ...
The Ironworks would become a pit of flame and dispair!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #12
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Sometime during my absence, guilds were banned from the BG-related forums... I don't know what the rules are governing here in GD, but common sense says to keep it in the RP forums.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:32 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

The rules as currently in place are that guilds/clans must be in the Roleplay forum and registered with Larry/Memnoch to exist and 'play' there.

Things were getting out of hand and Ziroc made that decision to avoid proliferating 'clans' and roleplay wars on GD and in the other areas of IW.

[ 02-27-2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 02-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And to add to Cloudy's post, a clan leader or guild master is responsible for all members of his or her party, including what they do in the name of their clan...and so if one of the members breaks a rule and does something outside what is legal for guild/clan existance...guess who takes the blunt of the blame from the mods? The leader AND the subordinate.

Are you ready to accept that responsibility? If so, PM me and let me know, and I will link you to the list of rules that Memnoch created for clans and guilds, as well as what Cloudy and I added to them. If you are not interested nor ready to take the heavy responsibility, then simply do nothing and let this thread fall away.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oh...and to quote your first post..."but not as in like an rp, but like an argument of a sort...

The RP forum is a place where people RP a part, or act out a script. It is not a place to discuss current events, nor debate them. So you would not be allowed to "debate" items that are exclusive to the Current Events forum.

Maybe you should PM me an exact plan as to what you would be and what your goals are.
What would the "team" be accomplishing?
Who would be in charge and take responsibility for his subordinates' actions if something were to go wrong?

EDIT: I went ahead and found the link that I wanted to share with you. There are two pages, but page one is where all the needed info is contained. Pay specific attention to what Memnoch posted. Let me know if there are any questions.

Clan Creation Rules

[ 02-27-2004, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #16
Spirits forever

ah...cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

might make one..but still need top figure out all the details [img]tongue.gif[/img]