Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2001, 09:23 AM   #1
kaen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How is a Troll killed??
I can drop them but they are then immune to further attack.
Please help......ALL TROLLS MUST DIE!!
Old 11-24-2001, 09:26 AM   #2
TheMercilessGod
Welcomed New User

when theyre on there back shoot the thing with a fireball of acid thing
Old 11-24-2001, 09:30 AM   #3
kaen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks.....will try this.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:20 PM   #4
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Welcome to IW Kaen!

I always have a bow as a secondary weapon for one of my players and a few acid or flame arrows to beat trolls down with. And don't forget the most important thing of all......MUST KILL!!!!! Don't let any of the buggers go!

hehe enjoy mate! Will catch ya soon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 12:23 PM   #5
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome both of you.

Use Flame arrows
Acid arrows
potion of flamebreath
Spell-flame arrow
spell-sword of flame
spell-acid arrow

Hope this helps
Old 11-24-2001, 12:30 PM   #6
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! Bokken, you beat me too it. Ohh well I'll welcome them more spectaculerly!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] HELLO, WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!! ENJOY. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2001, 08:51 PM   #7
Kezardin
Elminster

kaen,

melee weapons which inflict fire or acid damage can also be used to finish off 'grounded' trolls - one of the reasons I lurve the flail of ages

Kez
Old 11-24-2001, 09:05 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

available early on in the game :flametongue, valygars sword - poison works to, and a glitch means bleeding damage counts as poison - flail of ages, arrow of fire and acid, melfs acid arrow, fireball (use with care) ,flame arrow, a spider statue from somewhere if you want to poison, sumon spiders, again poison in melee, but at somepoint you get sword spiders which are useless for this, assasins poison, cloudkill (i think it works). i recall that someitmes you can chunk them and that works, but i dont know if thats BG or not. the druid spell flame sword.

thats some of the more obvious way. much later on , with ToB installed, you can get such powerful artifacts as a club of detonation, andurval the burning sword, and numerous others.
both of the ones i mentioned can be found in a certain keep, if you want to die quickly.