Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 03:22 PM   #1
merluza

Hi all!

I have a BIG question: every time I am reaching a new level, a big comes out of my mouth: every time i click on level up, they do for almost all the times +1 hitpoint +1 ability. this is WAY NOT what i want. so i quit the game and reload and try again. this for at least a 30 times until i am satisfied with like +3 hitpoints +2 ability. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO REACH BETTER STATS THAN TRY A ZILLION TIMES? this is really destroying my nerves because it takes like 2 hours to level-up the hole party... is there any trigger in the program that makes level-ups more worthy?

thanks a lot for your responses and hints...
merluza

Old 11-19-2000, 04:47 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

DId you change classes on these characters??

If they have undergone a class change then that is the reason you are getting minimal level up points. When they reach the level of their previous character class, things go back to normal.

Wyv
Old 11-19-2000, 05:52 PM   #3
Junker

I have the same problem as you !!!! And they are not betwen character class changes......So its something that is wrong here also......Not that it matters to me if I have 110 or 150 hitpoints, but its something wrong here anyway....I have just newer bothered about it...

Old 11-20-2000, 12:03 AM   #4
Vagabond

I was a little concerned with this too, so I did some looking. There is a nice little explanation of hit point advancement in the readme file.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:55 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Sorry to be blunt, but I've tried to explain this many times. And yet again...

THE GAME IS PROGRAMMED SO THAT IT ANALYZES YOUR CLASS AND HOW MANY HP'S YOU HAVE. THERE IS NO WAY TO RELOAD AND GET AHEAD! IT MAY APPEAR THAT YOU DO, BUT THE MORE YOU DO THIS, THE MORE YOU WILL GET 1 HP BONUSES! YOU ARE DIGGING YOUR OWN !#$!@#!@ GRAVE BY DOING THIS!

IF YOU JUST WAIT AND BE PATIENT, ALSO NOTING THE CLASS CHANGE FACTOR THAT GIVES YOU POOR HP, YOUR CHARACTERS WILL GET THE HP THEY DESERVE EVENTUALLY.

JUST BE PATIENT!!!!!!!

I've had Gnome Paladins get 30 HP in one level....and others close to 40. If you do any HP cheats, or use the lamp, it will mess this stat all to hell also.

Ok, I'm done ranting...
Scronan
Old 11-20-2000, 01:31 PM   #6
Junker

Scronan read the above post,,,,read the readme file,,,,There is no such thing as it will come to you,,lol..Ohh why the screaming ....

This is taken direct from the read me file !!!

if the new total is less than the character’s current hit points, the character is only awarded 1 hit point.

Old 11-21-2000, 02:35 AM   #7
Anders the Samuraj

cast toughen spell on your party before you enter a town and you will get 10 hp points permantly, you can cast this spell how many times you want.

Old 11-21-2000, 03:07 AM   #8
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

At first, I was annoyed by the 1hp per level.. but, the monsters are still fairly easy, even with the difficulty on hard/hard (as I play) that, what's the point of reloading? For best bet, set those bastards on seldom/hard... I'd MUCH rather have fewer, tougher monsters than more frequent, easier monsters. Who wants to just click click click? The Quake fans. If you'd rather have it where each battle has you thinking *wow, I'd better be careful , here.. set it on seldom/hard* In mine humble eyes. Even on hard/hard, the leveling doesn'e matter much. I have a 12th level ratling rogue with 38 hit points.. pretty pathetic, yes, less than my mages... but it makes me keep an eye on him..