Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 07-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #1
Fryman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First, let me tell you I am playing BG1 on the Mac.

I recently loaded the ToSC expansion to an already in-progress game and updated all my game-save maps with the converter. I am currently in Chapter 5 and have not yet dealt with the Iron Throne but I do have that quest from Scar and Eltan in my log.

I attempted to go to Ulgoth's Beard and the game asks for Disc 6 -- so I insert it but it keeps getting spit back out. Is there a patch I need to make this work or must I wait until I complete the main BG1 quest before I can play these?

Please advise. Thanks, gang.
Fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

What do you mean by 'it keeps getting spit back out?'
Do you mean that your hard drive automatically just pushes the CD drive back out, or does the game just say that it's the wrong CD?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
Fryman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

---------------------------------------------
What do you mean by 'it keeps getting spit back out?'
Do you mean that your hard drive automatically just pushes the CD drive back out, or does the game just say that it's the wrong CD? [/QB][/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------

It first asks for Disc 6. I insert Disc 6. It chugs for a second, then my CPU spits the disc out and repeats the request for Disc 6. I do not get a message saying it was the wrong disc.

I even tried loading the pre-installed Mission-Save Pack and the same thing happens.

Should I try a fresh install of the game?
Old 07-18-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sounds very odd. Maybe a freak packing error where disc 6 was swapped with a disc 6 for the PC?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Read this thread and see if it helps out. I think you have the same problem as Jaradu and have the 3 set disc and 6 set disc versions mixed together accidentally

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #6
Fryman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the advice. I actually went back and re-installed the ToSC and copied over my save files. This seems to have worked. Sometimes a file can get corrupt, I suppose.

So far I went to Shandalar's Island and made it back -- loads of fun -- and it appears I might be sent to another island. That and the tour of Durlag's Tower sounds fun. Yeah, that sounds as safe as getting a tour of Iraq these days. I'll go at some point because a lot of these boards mention the treasure located there -- plus it sounds very challenging.