Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #31
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Sometimes I get the feeling that I am posting to myself here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not at all. I'm currently in the early stages of my first run through Icewind Dale, and I'm must say that I'm glad to see work being done on improved AI scripts.

BTW, my offer to help you convert them into a WeiDU mod still stands, if you're interested. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:22 AM   #32
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by icelus:
Not at all. I'm currently in the early stages of my first run through Icewind Dale, and I'm must say that I'm glad to see work being done on improved AI scripts.

BTW, my offer to help you convert them into a WeiDU mod still stands, if you're interested. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I certainly do not mind, although I am at a loss on how to summarise what each script can do within 50 words or less.

On a side note, updates.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:47 AM   #33
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by icelus:

I certainly do not mind, although I am at a loss on how to summarise what each script can do within 50 words or less.

On a side note, updates.
[/QUOTE]Well, you could try a shorter summary for the in-game description, and then a longer, more detailed description for the readme.

Here's how Cierrek displays the description in the game:

Quote:
// Scripts
@26 = ~eARCHER: ~
@27 = ~This script is designed for use with fighter, ranger, and paladin classes and kit types, who prefer missile to melee combat. It has support for Divine spells of up to level 4. It also contains spell support for class and kit innates along with support for warrior high level abilities.~
@28 = ~eFIGHTER: ~
@29 = ~This script is designed for use with fighter, ranger, and paladin classes and kit types who prefer melee to missile combat. It has support for Divine spells of up to level 4. It also contains spell support for class and kit innates along with support for warrior high level abilities.~
@30 = ~eMAGE: ~
@31 = ~This script is designed for use with mages and bards. It has spell support for Arcane spells up to level 10. It also includes bard song and rogue high level abilities.~
@32 = ~eMULTI: ~
@33 = ~This script is designed for use with all single, dual, or multi-class combinations. It favors spell use over physical attacks. It contains spell support for virtually all arcane, divine, class, innate, spells and high level abilities.~
@34 = ~ePRIEST: ~
@35 = ~This script is designed for use with cleric and druid classes and kits. It contains spell support for Divine spells of up to Quest level. It also contains support for class and kit innates along with support for warrior and priest high level abilities.~
@36 = ~ePUREF: ~
@37 = ~This script is a stripped down version of eFIGHTER. It is useful for the fighter class and kits, barbarians, monks, and inquisitors. Its spell support is limited but does include warrior high level abilities and also class and kit innates.~
@38 = ~ETHIEF: ~
@39 = ~This script is designed for use with thief classes and kits. It contains support for Hide and Detect, Backstab, and Lay Traps along with support for rogue high level abilities.~
[ 01-11-2004, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: icelus ]
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
Old 01-11-2004, 02:32 PM   #34
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

icelus, you might want to quote instead of code. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #35
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Out of curiosity... who else is still reading this thread besides icelus? Coz you know, it's so lonely. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm still open to suggestions about what you want included in the AI Script... you know... something that I may have missed out... I am willing to answer any queries you might have too... anything? Anyone?

IWD_Arch: Prefers range over melee. Will retreat when necessary and make use of heals and cures. Handles a limited range items. Suitable for pure archers.

IWD_Pala: Prefers melee over range. Will make use of heals and cures. Handles a lot of items. Makes use of Priest spells where applicable. Suitable for melee oriented warriors.

On a side note... how many of you would like an "Improved Kaylessa" mod?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:19 AM   #36
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Posting to boost my morale... somewhat.

The IWD_C-R is complete. Complete in the sense that I think I have covered all the oft-used spells a seasoned IWD player will bother to memorise in his/her's Cleric/Ranger/Druid's spell slots.

IWD_C-R: Prefers range over melee. Will retreat when necessary and make use of heals and cures. Makes use of Priest spells where applicable. Suitable for Clerics, Druids and Cleric/Rangers.

In The Upcoming Update:
----

I have discovered a logical bug in the IWD_C-R's handling of spells that deal with specific alignments. For example, Holy Smite. This has been rectified and will be included in the next update.

The code blocks handling healing has been slightly modified to prevent the Char from being in script-lock when the person they want to heal is swarmed. They will attempt to equip a melee weapon beforehand when they want to heal somebody.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:49 AM   #37
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Bleah, not much I can do about the script lock. It's either they try to bee in to the injured, or stagger to the injured.

Mucho updates/upgrades. The one I personally like the most is the ability for the Char to use items from his/her Potion Bags and Scroll Cases.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:26 AM   #38
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
[QB] Out of curiosity... who else is still reading this thread besides icelus? Coz you know, it's so lonely. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, I'm certainly interested and have downloaded the latest releases. The rest of the slackers here in this forum are just lame. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 12:07 PM   #39
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Im reading!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:00 PM   #40
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Note! There is some sort of bug in the game where a character that has Regeneration (whether from items or spells) is considered STATE_DISEASED. This means that Chars who under the effects of Regeneration will think that they are diseased, will not cast spells, and attempt to drink any Philter of Purification or Mummy's Tea. I will try to remedy this problem by the next update.

Secondly, EquipItem() apparently only works properly in Baldur's Gate 2. The graphics will show as though the Char has equipped the appropriate weapon, but in reality, you still need to manually select the weapon before the Char is using it. It will be removed in the next update.

Spellcasters are going to have higher restrictions on whether it is appropriate to cast on a target in the next update. Magic Resistance must not exceed 25% and for spells that target a single creature and have a saving throw, the creature's saving throw must be sufficiently bad enough to allow for a 75% chance of success.

I am toying with the idea of implementing Turn Undead, but so far, despite having Level 16+ Turn Undead, I still could not turn any Undead on the Burial Isle, so I am wondering whether it is worth the effort.