Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-21-2004, 06:06 AM   #1
Realms of Arion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here and i hope not the last so be gentle with me.

I have created a persistant world but want to know a few things from anyone who plays or is thinking of playing on one.

I have tried to create a world where players can become one with the world straight away by building the character into the world. What I'd like to know from you guys is, Is this what you seek from a Persistant world and what do you really look for to recapture the joy of PnP. It is so difficult trying to create a world that is different from others and one that will attract players. As you guys probably play Neverwinter on a large scale could you let me know.

Fizzbang Glut

Shameless Server Plug

DarkIsle – The Realms of Arion

The Realms of Arion is slowly growing and needs good Rroleplayers who enjoy the flexibility of a world built for them.

We have made this world with players in mind and will customise it to suit the character needs. We have already built a Temple and a Barbarian Camp to order and will fill in those background details that make your characters come to life.

So if you want to step into a world where your character needs are catered for and no request is too large come to the Realms of Arion. We fit the world into the characters and not the characters left running around the surface.

Have you ever been on a persistant world where the designer and DM's control everything...PC's are the world and you can become every part of this world...

Arion is a land split by fighting, both political as well as territorial, not to mention the powers that lurk beneath. Take your place in a world that caters for you as a character builder. No longer do you have to wait two months to beg for a home for your PC. This server builds your PC into it and responds to your development and creative Roleplaying.

The Realms of Arion
Persistant World
Gamespy : RolePlay Story

Direct connect : 81.168.0.57:5121
Forum: http://www.wrightlite.eclipse.co.uk/

Server Details

MySQL database engine
Respawning NPC's/Traps/Encounters
Persistant Banking and quests.
Full ATS Crafting system but modified to enhance true class skills.
Full PvP Areas.
Balanced resting system that rewards class skills.

1.) Strong Character Interaction/RP encouraged and rewarded
2.) Personal DM attention (We currently have 3 active DM's)
3.) Scripting and Area Design always improving and developing
4.) Death system that doesn’t leave you stranded in a plane of bewilderment
5.) Steady Level Progression
6.) Available Magic favours the classes that should possess it.
7.) Available Loot is realistic and not random
8.) Excellent growing Community of quality players.
Realms of Arion<br /><br />The Realms of Arion<br />Persistant World<br />Gamespy : RolePlay Story<br /><br />Direct connect : 81.168.0.57:5121<br />Forum: [url]\"http://www.wrightlite.eclipse.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.wrightlite.eclipse.co.uk/</a>
Old 09-21-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

interesting.. im too busy for this though. hopefully i will have time for this during the midsem break.. with all the 6 other books waiting for me to read, plu 5 games waiting to be played, plus all the social stuff as well... all in a week.. .

[ 09-21-2004, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS FORUM, Realms of Arion!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Umm...are you one person or a group?

Anyways, as far as what I look for in recreating PnP, it's definitely the non-combat stuff, as THAT is the fun part of my sessions...Not that I don't like combat, mind you, but it's SLOW. The human interaction while playing, however, is not.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-21-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oh, I dunno, Poo. My answer usually is: "I try to kill it"
Old 09-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW Realms of Arion! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Your game looks really cool. You should post this topic in Here. A forum specificully for "Online Role Playing". Have fun and enjoy your stay! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

EDIT: BTW, if you want a sig picture, click my sig.

[ 09-21-2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 09-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Wait... this is in NWN, right?

If so, you should post this in our NWN forum, not every of our NWN players visit the General Discussiion.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:53 PM   #7
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Even better Luvian! I didnt realise it was NWN.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #8
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Do we need Shadows of Undrentide and/or Hordes of the Underdark and/or the Community Expansion pack to play? I haven't played NWN for ages, mostly because of lack of a good storyline, so hopefully this will get me back into it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I'll move this to the NWN main forum. You can find the discussion open for further conversation there.