Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Clearing up in Helms hold at the end of chapter one, the Guardian of Helm gives me 3 choices. Ring, Bow or ability increases. I cant believe that the ability increases (i think +4) last forever so I choose the ring. yet I have a nagging feeling I made the wrong choice. what are the options? or does it depend on the character you play?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

I do believe that if you play as a lawful good character you also get a pendant of wisdom on top of what ever you chose.

The Bow is the Elven Court Bow +3 and +3 Mighty
The Ring, i forgot it stats
But the abilities do dissipate so unless you plan to run super fast up to the main fighting area there isn't much point in choosing that one.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:40 AM   #3
Zink Whistlefly

I believe the ring is a ring of protection from the elements, granting you 15/- resistance against them. Definately a handy item to have!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:
I believe the ring is a ring of protection from the elements, granting you 15/- resistance against them. Definately a handy item to have!
Yep thats correct Zink. IIRC the 15/- means the first 15 points of damage are resisted regardless of the attacker is normal, plus 1 or plus 5 attacks. Is that right guys?

Old 03-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
javan
Zhentarim Guard

That means resistance to the first 15 points of ELEMENTAL damage (fire, frost, sonic or acid) no matter if the attacker is +1, +5, or normal.

It does not work against physical (slashing/piercing/bludgeoning) damage.

It is good protection none the less.

*edit* BTW the Elven Court Bow is a longbow. My poor Rogue was only proficient in shortbows [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: javan ]
Old 03-24-2005, 05:38 PM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by javan:

*edit* BTW the Elven Court Bow is a longbow. My poor Rogue was only proficient in shortbows [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
That sucks real hard Javan

Unless your character is a halfling or a gnome I can not see the sense of the game not making them cross proficent. Maybe add an armour check penalty for the longbow as well so Rogues and such would rather use a shortbow.