Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #61
the mighty stamar

i ran the demo fine with a amd 1800 g4mx 420 32 mb and 512 mb.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #62
Too Darkpark
The Magister

I don't mean to be anal, but the chest traps did not originate from Wizards and Warriors. They were in the Wizardry games.
Overall, the demo was enjoyable but the combat needs some improvement. I also don't like the fact I'm stuck with the right mouse button being set for defending with the shield. by the way, has anyone noticed whether your chances to deflect an attack improves when dumping more points into the shield skill?
also, how do you guys feel about the fact that you have to spend some points in one skill in order to open up the next one? i kept myself from spending points on the light weapon skill in hopes that i'd bump into a trainer who would teach me the medium weapon skill so that i could dump points into that. of course, on my second run through the game i found out that you have to invest 3 points into the light weapon skill before you can start putting points into the medium weapon skill. the game goes for armor and shield, i'm assuming.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #63
A Black Falcon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got a p4 1500, 384 ram, and a 32mb geforce2, and it runs okay... not at the most ideal framerate, but it's playable, which is about all I can expect from a modern game on an older computer...

Getting out of the water... yeah, that definitely can be frusterating in this game. It seemed like while once it a while it'd work, most of the time I was repeatedly trying to press jump and forward at the same time and just jumping straight up... very frusterating. They need to work on that.
A Black Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #64
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First off, welcome to the boards, A Black Falcon! May your travels in the sewers lead you to challenge and excitement beyond your imagination [img]smile.gif[/img]

Second, no "anality" involved, Too Darkpark [img]smile.gif[/img] DW Bradley used a similar kind of trap in W&W, except that you just got to watch your thief trying the tumblers. Activating the specific tumblers was definitely much more along the lines of the wizardry series, where Bradley worked prior to W&W. W&W used a different variation of them, and DL uses yet another variation. It's all about trying new things...

You can change the setting for the right mouse button, so you could switch it to something more meaningful to you. Personally, I don't like that I can't switch my quick weapons while my shield is up (so to speak). The "Q" doesn't work until you drop your guard...

As for noticing the increase in effectiveness... I've never dropped more than a point in Shield, so I haven't seen it

Now, the thing about increasing your skill to get to the next level... in some ways, I kind of like it. Prevents you from just automatically going for the good stuff, and makes character development more interesting. Upgrade your armor skill, or increase your lockpick abilities? The questions, the decisions... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do wish that I could see a difference with the magic skills. I don't notice much difference between level 0 and level 3...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #65
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, A Black Falcon!!!

Took me longer than I expected to finally get out of that pool of water. I'm still wondering what the real game will be like. I found the demo challenging but was well aware that they'd been very generous with spells and equipment. Hope the real game won't prove to be a shock!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote