Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-27-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
)V(ajin l3uu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Six of Spades, Do you play Starcraft? If you do and your ever playing Starcraft on the weekends online look me up,
My user-name is J2agnarok
Old 11-27-2001, 09:31 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm going to act like a mod but this is the wrong forum for that question. You could have sent him a personal message.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:53 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Reply Email on its way!

You know, I've stumbled across a couple StarCraft and Diablo forums, but none that were as much fun as this one. (Which is probably why I'm averaging something like 100 posts a month.) I don't think I'd really enjoy a Diablo forum anyway, judging from the types of people (hacking Player-Killers) that seem to frequent the online sessions. One of the good things about Baldur's Gate is that its forcing you to manage and equip a party of 6 is a great way of teaching you that playing selfishly is neither the best manner, nor the most entertaining manner, to play the game. (The dozens of people I've seen who were ALL wearing perfect Godly Plate of the Whale don't seem to understand this.)
Old 11-28-2001, 02:27 AM   #4
Darkman

Sorry for posting to this off topic thread, but since it's already here... [img]smile.gif[/img]

SixOfSpades, there is a nice Diablo forum at the Battle.net site--Diablo Strategy and Tactics. I've been reading that forum for 3 1/2 years now. The regulars (including myself) are very knowledgable and can help you with any questions you may have about strategy, game information, or whatever else you need to know. They will be happy to provide you with a mathematical analysis of why GPoW cannot be generated by the game However, since the forum is not moderated (except by the Battle.net servers not accepting posts with vulgar language), there have always been more than a couple spam posts littered throughout the forum pages (mostly to the tune of "d1 sux0r")

http://www.battle.net/forums/diablo-strategy/

I still play Diablo on a regular basis with some nice friends I have made over the years. Let me know if you want to play a game sometime.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:15 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Unhappily, I can't really play ANYTHING online, because my Internet connection sucks. Or maybe it's my Windows ME.....

But I don't know if I'd be really interested in Diablo anymore, I think I've pretty much played it to death. I might exhume the CD someday, though. (I've got a 47th Level Rogue who can kill Diablo without even seeing him, and that's on Hell difficulty.) You actually CAN get GPoW, but the odds are astronomical. My Rogue is wearing PERFECT Godly Plate (No cheats--I'm talking Single Player), and I've actually seen one Plate that was +200% Armor and +100 HP......too bad it was only Breast Plate. Still, you can do anything if you're patient enough and know how to operate Wirt.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:34 AM   #6
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Unhappily, I can't really play ANYTHING online, because my Internet connection sucks. Or maybe it's my Windows ME.....

But I don't know if I'd be really interested in Diablo anymore, I think I've pretty much played it to death. I might exhume the CD someday, though. (I've got a 47th Level Rogue who can kill Diablo without even seeing him, and that's on Hell difficulty.) You actually CAN get GPoW, but the odds are astronomical. My Rogue is wearing PERFECT Godly Plate (No cheats--I'm talking Single Player), and I've actually seen one Plate that was +200% Armor and +100 HP......too bad it was only Breast Plate. Still, you can do anything if you're patient enough and know how to operate Wirt.

Well Diablo is not very demanding as far as connection goes. I used to play it on my old 28.8 modem with no problems. However, I can understand if you are tired of the game. I have tried nearly everything there is to try. I have played many "variant" characters, such as my Beyond Naked Mage who wears nothing but cursed equipment, and of course others that are more in depth.

If you are interested in such variants to enliven the game for you, here are a couple sites you may want to check out:

Sylvan Cliffs Variant Archive: (has over 100! variants in the archive)
http://www.geocities.com/lemmingofglory/index.html

Realms Beyond Diablo: (a D1 & D2 variants site)
http://diablo.realmsbeyond.net/

As for the GPoW, I was referring to the commonly hacked Full Plate version. However, like you said, other lesser versions of Godly armor of Whale can in fact be generated (but only at Wirt), up until Chain Mail or Scale Mail--I can't remember which. But if you see Godly of Whale on Splint Mail, Plate Mail, Field Plate, Gothic Plate, or Full Plate, you know it's a hack because Wirt has a relatively low price cap on the items he sells and neither Godly nor Whale affixes can be dropped from monsters or sold at Griswald [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 03:52 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Sounds like it's time to move this discussion to the Diablo forum.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:55 AM   #8
Darkman

Yes, perhaps one of the moderators will be kind enough to move this thread over to General Discussion. I will stop posting now sorry [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 05:58 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Your wish is granted. We are here to serve!

Moved here.

Old 11-28-2001, 09:54 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Okay, I'm back!

Now about GPoW: It DOES exist, Wirt's had it several times for me in Single Player, but never a perfect set, of course. In fact, he's never shown me anything better than my PERFECT Godly Plate. (Not that I'm actually complaining about this, lol.)

I wouldn't know if Wirt sells the cool stuff like that in Multiplayer, my trick to 'operate' him doesn't work in Multi. But my Single-Player Rogue has almost ALL the good stuff--even a couple imperfect Obsidian Zodiac, and a few perfect things like a Diamond Wizardry. (I've had the BEST luck with this girl--she found the Royal Circlet on Level 16 in her VERY FIRST GAME!!! Then the Shirotachi & Stormshield in rapid succession.....had to wait for a while to find the Dreamflange, though, and I STILL haven't found Xorine's Ring, even though I've been searching for ages.

Yeah, some of those 'Variants' are pretty cool. I liked the Axe Rogue, myself. Too bad they're all ways to make you character worse, though. I kinda like being overpowered--I don't really focus on getting better, just finding weirder & weirder ways to pull tricks off. (I still love being able to kill Diablo without ever entering his sight range--I'll post the screenshot soon.)

----- huge change of subject ----

StarCraft is better, though. Any game where there's only one character is bound to get old after a while, and the teamwork provided in StarCraft adds another whole layer to the game. And I just LOVED how totally and utterly ALIEN (literally) the races are! I tried to play Age of Empires II after playing StarCraft..... completely anticlimactic, because all the races in AOE are almost exactly the same. My StarCraft brag: I made a COMPLETELY FAIR scenario, with 8 equally defensible bases, equal resources, everything. I can beat this scenario, in a Melee game, with 7 enemies without losing a SINGLE unit or building. Yowza. (This was before I got Broodwar. Now that it's installed, those damn Corsairs play hell with my defenses, and I start losing buildings.

I'll shut up now. Who wants to call me a shameless braggart?