Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 03:19 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Life rewards action!

I was laying on my bed roll yesterday, telling, promising, threatening myself over and over that I WILL go to class today. In the morning, after 2 hours of sleep (I went to bed late) and then I did one thing I've done thousand of times: I turned off my alarm o'clock and slept till the afternoon. Well, what a day, you say. Yes, but when you, yourself, are the person in this story, you'd be feeling very very sorry for your life style, and then just so that you can wake up the next day and doing the samething again!

Now ask yourself, have you any destructive behaviors in your life? have you ever done anything repeatedly, no matter how many times you try to change it, so that you bring yourself to the state of misery?

We all do certain dumb things. But the fact that they are dumb doesn't mean we are not getting any rewards from it. Life rerwards action, this piece of truth can and always be used in both positive and negative ways. When you do good, you get reward; when you screw up, your actions ALSO bring you a reward. In my case, it is that unchanging safty of sameness made me cluntch tightly to the warmness. How about you? are you abusing your partner mentally so that you can be in control (even though you feel sorry)? Are you addicted to alcohols even though you know it is bad for you? do you find yourself stop your effort in face of difficulties many too often?

Well, let me give you a bit of good news. I just found a secret that would put whole new out look into your life! It all started as me laying on bed

Still, this morning, I woke up, laying on my bed like a lazy slug, dreaming about how I can change my life. Then all of a sudden, something never appeared to my mind struck me: I will reward myself IF I go to class this week! Then this whole getting up business really started to change! We are all rational beings, and when one reward outweight another, we'd definitely choose differently!

I still had a VERY difficult time getting up and go to class. However, whenever I wanted to quit, I kept bringing up this image of a new CD or DVD that I am going to get this weekend, and I kept putting my mind into the position when I am ALREADY enjoying the rewards. Boy, that made all the difference! even though, I hated crowd, even though the class made me tired, I went nontheless, and most importantly I finished it with hope!

Do you get the idea? This is the formula that I am willing to share here! Unless you are hopeless drug addictive (which you need to seek help from professionals) you can change your life forever! With little positive reward to your determined goals, you can actually really push yourself into work.

Give yourself a reward! then life changes! That is all it takes: a reward! people don't do things for nothing. "Everyone approaches problems with "whats in it for me" in their mind." ----Dr. Philip. That sums up all the truth. Of course, the greater an obstacle you try to overcome, the greater a reward you need to give yourself, but you HAVE to give yourself the reward nontheless.

Try it, it really works!

P.S.

anyone, please share your experience on this one, either you agree or disagree. thank you!
Old 10-17-2001, 03:21 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I understand what you're saying here 250.
Old 10-17-2001, 03:23 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I understand what you're saying here 250.
and, may I ask why?
Old 10-17-2001, 03:31 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

You're right with all you say, 250. It is certainly true that, if you make an effort in life, do all the things you should be doing, treat everyone around you as you yourself would like to be treated - then life will brings its own rewards.

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-17-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I actually tried that - didn't work. I need to think of a better reward I guess... all the ones I tried didn't motivate me enough
Old 10-17-2001, 03:46 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I actually tried that - didn't work. I need to think of a better reward I guess... all the ones I tried didn't motivate me enough
that HAPPENS!
whats the most enjoyable thing you do? try doing that as your reward then

also, lol, this sound absurd, please dont try it without control I sometimes, say, if I want to do laundry, I'd not drink purposefully for a while, then tell myself that if I bring the laundry basket down, I'd buy myself a nice coke!

also, remember, the START is the hardest part, you can give yourself immense reward (comparatively) in the beginning, and when you get used to the flow, you will no longer need the reward! (but it is nice to reward yourself everyonce a while just for the feelings )

Sorcerer Alex

there is one point you missed. life does bring reward, but this may NOT be the one you want. in order to change that, you reward yourself ahead to keep yourself on the right track, that is the whole point of this 'secret' I just found!