Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 06-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The basic rules...

1) The game is basically a hunt for a Werewolf in a rural village. All players get a simple persona.
a: Villager- No powers, no PM's to other players. All discusion about who is the wolf takes place in the thread for these folks.
b: Seer- The seer gets to PM the moderator during Night Phase (described below) and ask if a player is a werewolf or not. The moderator will give a truthful answer. The seer can communicate in the thread as a villager, and is on the villager's side. However, it may be unwise to give away that you are the seer, because you are the villager's greatist weapon. The wolves will target you first.
c: Wolfbaner- This is an optional persona. The wolfbaner gets to PM the moderator during night phase as well. They may use wolfbane on a player. If a wolf tries to kill the villager the wolfbaner picks, there is no effect!
d: Wolves- Wolves are villagers that, during night phase, may PM the moderator and choose a victim. That person is found dead during day phase. Depending on the size of the group, there could be two or even three wolves! If that is the case, the wolves can only feast on one victim a night. They are encouraged to PM each other and go over battle plans. The wolves must agree on a victim.
e: Moderator- The moderator is not in the game. S/He is in charge of collecting the Seer, Baner and Wolf PM's and moving the game into day and night phases. S/He is also in charge of assigning persona via PM's. The moderator is also in charge of providing the setting (if there is one) and adding or subtracting optional rules.

2) There are two phases of the game. Day phase and Night phase.
a: Day Phase- Every day phase everyone has abandoned reason and will lynch who they agree upon. Every player in the game (Wolves, Seer, Baner, Villagers) vote who they are going to lynch. Majority vote rules. In case of a tie, someone has to change thier vote. Pleading is suggested. After someone is lynched, all are told if that person was a werewolf, seer, wolfbaner, or villager. Then night phase begins.
b: Night Phase- Night phase is when all non-villager persona PM the moderator to gather thier clues and kill the innocents (The blood of innocents is mighty tasty!). All players can debate and role-play during this time, but there are no accusations. After all the PM's are gathered, the process returns to day phase, until the villagers or wolves win.

3) How to win!
a: Villagers- The villagers win if they get the werewolves! In the case of more then one werewolf, they must all be lynched.
b: Werewolves- The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers to be equal in number to them. Ergo, if there is one werewolf, there needs to be only one villager left. And so on and so on.

Everything else is on the moderator's shoulders. They are in charge, so to speak. I'll begin a signup post shortly. A moderator signup post should have the theme and optional rules posted. Players should make a charater of themselves, should the moderator choose a theme. HAPPY HUNTING!

[ 06-27-2005, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morning dawned in the sleepy town of Vallaki. The winter air chilled the town. The pastoral village was located in the midst of the Icepeak mountains, and the passes had been frozen for several days. As the town began waking and shops opened a bloodcurdling scream shattered the calm like a stone through a window pane.

Several of the villagers quickly arrived on the scene to see Reverend Bors torn apart in the town square. His eyes were fixed with horror on something before him, death preventing him from looking away. His crucifix was bent halfway down, and his clothes were shredded, as if by some monstrous beast. Most of his body had been savaged by teeth and claws, his throat torn out coloring the snow around him a deep crimson.

"What horror had done this" many of the townsfolk wondered, praying that the tales of werewolves were only fables meant to frighten children, fearing that they were not.

OOC: the game has begun. feel free to post in character, and put a little backgroud information on your character in the OOC thread, much as Dplax and Salinye have done, it doesn't have to be much, just enough to give an idea to everyone else who and what you are.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Frank got up that morning with a chip on his both shoulders. Some kind of damned ruckus and noise kept woke him up in the middle of the night, and nothing he did, drank or ate could send him back to sleep. After eating whatever ham and bread was leftover from yesterday, and spending a single minute in the bathroom on the usual morning hygiene, he dressed in his everyday work clothes and put on his shoulder leather. Coming down the stairs from his home to his shop, he could see some commotion outside through the windows. He could see some people running towards the town square, but he couldn't be bothered. He took one of the razors from the table, wetted it and started going up and down the shoulder leather to sharpen it. While in the practiced routine, he took some time to clean the two barber seats and the counters. A knock came on the door, his assistant Hans was standing outside holding closed his macintosh overcoat. Frank came up and opened the door to let Hans and the cold in. "Have you heard about the murder? Some poor soul lies dead on the town square, not a single drop of blood in him I've heard." Hans said instead of the normal "good morning".
"Yes, I know. If I had stayed in longer to feast on the dried remains I would have been caught. Good thing we bloodsuckers can turn into bats." Frank chuckled, thinking that it was probably just someone slipping on the ice and knocking himself out cold, and the news passed through a dozen mouths, gaining something with each telling. Rumors spread fast in a remote town such as this. Hans looked at him, and said "Well, then it is my duty to inform the authorities about the identity of the vampire in our midst." he joked, and continued "There isn't much work here now, could I go and take a look at it?" Frank took a moment to think, and realising noone came in for a shave in the morning for the past month, he agreed. As Hans left, Frank could see more people walking towards the town square. Something really did happen, or otherwise the people wouldn't still be walking off to see. Frank took off his leather, left his razor, took his keys and coat, and left the shop to see for himself what happened.
After pushing through the crowd to see what they gathered about, he saw blood on the snow. His eyes followed the blood to the butchered body of reverend Bors. It looked as if a whole pack of wolves attacked him, but wolves never came this far up the mountains. "Well, it might not have been a vampire." Hans said, finding Frank and pushing himself close to him. Frank's stare told him it wasn't funny.
Bozos of Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
Salinye
Manshoon

Drancy stood among the horror-struck onlookers staring at Reverend Bor’s Body. Everyone in town liked the reverend; he had been friend to all despite one’s social status or circumstances. She had seen things like this before, but never quite as gruesome. Tying the sides of her brown hair back so the winter wind would quit whipping it in her face, she pulled out her investigative journal and a charcoal stick.

“Pardon me, Ma’am?” She asked a woman sobbing next to her. “You’re Cherrie Le’Blanc, yes?”

The petite, well-dressed woman turned toward her blotting at her eyes with a lacy edged kerchief. “That’s right.” She responded with a slight upper class tone.

Drancy ignored the superiority in the woman’s voice and continued with her questioning. “You and your husband own the Vallaki inn?” She pointed across the street to the wooden structure.

“Yes, we do.”

“I see, so did you or any of your guests see or hear anything strange throughout the night? Anything at all could turn out to be helpful. Rule nothing out.” Drancy leaned in eagerly, ready to jot down every bit of information the woman could give her when a gruff voice rang through the street.

“Drancy New! What exactly do you think you’re doing?”

Drancy stiffened immediately recognizing the voice of the Town’s sheriff. “Arriving first on the scene, as usual and gathering as much information as I can.”

The law official walked up to her glancing unemotionally at the dead body of the reverend. “Drancy, you’re a woman, for Pete’s sake. The day a woman is allowed to be in law enforcement is the day I’ll eat my badge.”

Several snickers rose up from the crowd and Drancy snapped her journal closed. “You just wait, I’ll solve this case before you do and then you’ll be FORCED to recognize me as the best person for this job.

He rolled his eyes at her and turned back towards the body. “Go home, Drancy. Let us do our job.”
Salinye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:03 AM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

Pippy

Pippy had been working in the corn fields next to his home when the news of the death of Reverend Bros. Pippy had only known the Reverend by sight, not being a religious person himself (he had never even set foot inside of the temple).

As all the curious townsfolk Pippy too made his way towards the town square. Due to all the people gathered around the body and his own smallness he could not at first see the body, but then managed to squeeze through to the front and caught sight of the gruesome spectacle.

Ten minutes later Pippy was being questioned by the town sheriff.

"Now tell me Pippy, what had you been doing this morning?"

"Well I had breakfast before sunrise, worked the corn fields, then had second breakfast, did some more work, then I heard the horrible news."

Seeing that he would get nothing useful from Pippy the sheriff walked off muttering something about small people eating much more than their fair share of food.

Although it was still early, all the excitement had made Pippy hungry again, and he headed towards the tavern for an early lunch.

[ 06-28-2005, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:20 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Brom

He watched the townspeople run to the body, watched them run away, watched them come back with friends. There was wild speculation about the cause, but to him it was obvious.

"I seen my share of violence," he told no one in particular, "But this' no man's doing. It some monsterous daemon curse he gone drawn upon this place, I tell you. And bet you that nosy girl Drancy's where the devil's hiding, trying work out just what we suspect with her questioning."

He nodded fiercely, then added: "If this a regular bear or wolf's doing, they eat him or drag him off like old Greg when we up there in Thonsbury pass. It's a curse, I tell you that much."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #7
Salinye
Manshoon

“You’re right.” Drancy said thoughtfully looking past the man in the overcoat to the body now surrounded with different men with “authority”. “Too much blood to be a vampire. Rumor has it they usually feast on the blood and the body is definitely lacking the tell tale puncture wounds that would be left by fangs.” The men turned their attention to her, probably embarrassed that she had overheard the barbers assistant’s comment and was now talking fairly loudly about it in serious context.

“So…” She continued looking back to the men and reopening her investigative journal. “Most people don’t take these sorts of possibilities seriously. They think it takes men to do such heinous acts. By the way, why do you know so much about the dark arts?” She narrowed her eyes mildly accusingly and searched the men’s faces for their reaction.
Salinye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:07 AM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Kyrobe

Kyrobe worked intently on his creation, a new type of metal that was extremely light. The crowd was gathering outside he noticed, and stopped his own work to see what could have drawn all the attention.

The crowd parted as he entered the enthralled circle, and Kyrobe was disgusted by what he saw. Their was blood everywhere. It wasn't even a clean kill. Kyrobe could see scratch marks, so he dismissed a human being the culprit. But why would an animal kill and not take the body, he wondered...

[ 06-29-2005, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Kyrvias ]
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ooc: moving things into the first night.

The Villagers were shaken up by the events of the morning, was it a one-time unexplained murder, or the herald of dark days ahead. The constable was able to keep things calm for the most part, but the stories were still told, screams heard in the night, the shadow of a hulking beast in the moonlight. It was a mystery that the townfolk clutched closely to their breasts, the reverend was a man with no enemies, and compassion to all. With the roads closed due to the winter storms tales grew taller and paranoia was rampant.

Night fell and many Vallakites bolted doors that they had never felt the need to bar before. When the first howl broke out that night children cried in fear, and mothers comforted them, while fathers watched the windows fearfully, whatever weapons they had were prepared to be used against an intruder.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The dawn broke over the mountains, it's light pale and sickly adding little warmth to the day. There had been no scream during the night, and so many of the villagers felt a slight returning of normalcy.

That illusion was shattered early however when Hans' small shack was seen by the first of the early risers. It seemed that an entire wall had been torn off, his meager possessions were scattered, shredded, bent, or shattered. What remained of Hans was in a similar condition.

ooc: today the villagers get to start the lynchings [img]smile.gif[/img]