Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 04-03-2002, 11:58 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This was Jerome's first post in his Good Smiting thread that got a bit sidetracked by ot stuff.

Shall we try again? I think it looks like lots of fun!

The morning dawned over the IW population, sunlight washing away the dark tendrils of the night, bathing the earth in a warm, tender glow.

There is a little patch of land however, that is not touched by the light, nor has it been for little over two years since the dark one was slain. "The Fallen's Garden" the superstitious local villagers called it - a thick and dark forest which no light penetrates, which has sprung up and grown around the body of Jerome The Fallen Paladin... defeated in a battle between Larry, Rikard, and the other Ancients of the Blueboard. He died at the end of a mighty struggle, which saw him first fall from his lopfty status as a Paladin, and then subjectIW to a reign of terror that has inspired legend about those who took part.

At the end of the battle, he died.

Death, however, does not possess the finality that some would believe.

A hand broke the earth as it grasped into the air that it had not felt in years. Soon, the rest of the body followed, a helmeted head, an armoured body, and an ancient, blackened blade.

Jerome stood aloft, his face a contorted smile.

"HEAR ME IRONWORKS! HEAR YOUR MASTER SPEAKING! I HAVE CRAWLED AND FOUGHT AND BATTLED MY WAY BACK TO LIFE - MY REVENGE *WILL* BE SATED!"

Even nature itself seemed to stop and listen, all was silent as he continued.

"LOOK AT WHAT HAS BECOME OF THIS PLACE... LOOK AT THE FEEBLE, LAW ABIDING *FOOLS* WHO HAVE POWER... WHILE MY EVIL BRETHEREN ARE HUNTED! THOSE WHO ARE EVIL.... RALLY UNDER MY BANNER, AND WE SHALL RECLAIM OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN THIS PATHETIC WORLD, AS IT'S MASTERS!"

"THOSE WHO WOULD OPPOSE ME... TREMBLE. I HAVE NOT LAIN FOR ALL THIS TIME IN SLUMBER, I HAVE STRENGTHENED DAILY, AND NONE WILL *DARE* STAND AGAINST ME. AND YOU, LARRY, YOUR'S WILL BE THE FIRST LIFE I TAKE AFTER MY... OTHER SETBACK. YOUR CARCASS WILL HANG ON MY WALL! SO SAYETH JEROME THE FALLEN!"

and all existence trembled.
Evil had returned.

ooc: an old fashioned brawl between good and evil, with me and Larry headlining. Choose your alligence well, mortals.

Edited to add color

[ 04-03-2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 03:11 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Asleep he was, that fine Spring morning. He had slept in, due to an arousing dream about Mistral.
Suddenly, the air staled and the the birds stopped singing. The strange, alarming silence made him wake up. There was something wrong in the land of Ironworks.
Running over to the window, he lifted it and looked outside. the clouds had darkened the morning sky and bathed the land in a cold cloth of darkness.

It was as if something from his past...long ago...was returning to his memory.

Then, he realized what it was. A sudden recolection of events long since forgotten came racing back to his memory. At the dark sky, Larry spake, "He has come back!"

Throwing off his Mad Modding Mage robes and running over to pick out of the closet a nearly forgotten pair of clothes, Larry once again took on the alignment and stature of a mere Ranger. He ran over to the phone to call for the old ones. The forum needed everybody's help on this.

==================================================

Quote:
Originally by Jerome

Jerome looked to the sky suddenly, sensing the power of one as old as he.

"LARRY," he whispered.

He fingered the edge of his huge two handed sword in paralell with his other hand tracing the huge dark scar down the sid eof his face. The pain this one had caused him still lingered, still throbbed. He had not used his sword, the dark Carsomnyr since his defeat... wanting the swords first victim to be his most ancient adversery.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 03:24 PM   #3
illsha damoul
The Magister

"o yum um u more ho m ommmmm mmmm mm" SUddnley Illsha falls off his meditating cow and looks upwards to see a dark cloud form. He could sense the foul magic in the air. This magic helped stir his mothers drow side in him, the dormant evil spirit arose in his mind and satrted its combat with the good Avariel in him.

OOC:
Name = Illsha Damoul
Race = Half drow half Avariel (no wings)
Class = mentally disturbed wild mage
Level = 7

Stats

str = 10
dex = 11
con = 6
int = 20
wis = 4
Chr = 16

Weapon prof = Quater Staff*
sling *

description =

although he is half drow he still knows how to please and get on with people. Even though he is always judged as evil as he is prodominatley drow. His skin is a mix of dark drow skin and a plae human complexsion. Resulting in two white lightnening bolts, one on each cheek. Even though he is clever his poor wisdom and con has let him slip sumwhat into insanity and has helped heim develop a split personality!

Equipment:

black robes with two lightning bolts down the back

ring of intellegence +2 -2 wisdom

'Nige' Quater staff +2 (his best friend)

Sling+0.5 (Illsha's Creation) very minor/heavy enchantment his own design in fact.
requires no ammo but can never be more than 100 yards away from him or it will explode in creating either 100 cows or pigs. Every time the bullet hits, it either casts a single magic missle on the target or heals the target 1d4+1 or damages illsha 1d4+1
Old 04-03-2002, 04:47 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

It's just a cliff, they say.

Wrong!

Clouds surge over the sky, sending lightning hurtling to the ground. The wind whips up through the trees, gathering its' strength. Thunder blasts across the landscape, a natural fanfare crying out its' message of great deeds to the world.
All is still for a moment; ad then a great single blast of lightnng strikes the cliff, blasting it apart. Chunks of rock are broken asunder and picked up by the wind's grip, thrown aside. A cave is revealed, dark and forbidding, until a golden light streams from the cave entrance. A man steps forth, a mighty figure clad in light, clutching a gleaming sword. He raises the blade on high, and as if in answer the sky shakes with an almighty peal, a cry from the very heavens, a proclamation of power from the earth itself - and then all is quiet.
The light dims, and the figure of light begins to speak.

"Ah, the weather's cleared up. Jolly good."
"Don't think I haven't forgotten the last time you left me in the rain," says a voice that inexplicably seems to come from the golden sword. "Three weeks at the smith's getting my blade derusted. Don't you know basic swordcare, man?"
"Ah, fear not, Karnas! If *we* have been woken, then indeed mighty combat awaits us, heroic deeds require us, and glorious - OOF!"
The next sounds are a collection of metallic scrapes and muffed 'ow' noises as Tancred tries to find his footing on the uneven rocks.
"Watch that first step, holy-boy... it's a DOOZY!" cackles the sword.

They also say some things never change.

Right!
Old 04-03-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
illsha damoul
The Magister

Illsha then banishes his meditation cow into the abyss! He then stands up and wonders where the lightning and thunder eminated from as that person must hold sum power whether they be good or bad
Old 04-03-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb was sleeping. Until he was hit on the head by a chunk of rock that had been blasted off of something. The sorcerer arose from the dusty ground and brushed the dirt off of his crimson robes, gathered his broad-brimmed red hat which had been knocked off by the rock and put it on his head.

He shouted, "Alright! What bastard hit me on the head with this chunk of rock?" Silence, except for a branch falling off of the tree he'd been sleeping under and hitting him in the head, crushing his hat.

A few moments were spent restoring the hat to it's previous condition.

"Okay," Neb says to noone, "I suppose I shall have to find you and.... Avenge my hat! And my head! Onwards.... To somewhere I guess...." The sorcerer looks around a bit, feeling rather confused. To one side is a road that leads to a dark and shadowy realm. To the other a road that leads to a place full of flowers and cute fluffy bunnies and all nice things.

Neb looks towards the nice place and spots a bunny, "Ooooh! Target practice time!" He then readies a fire ball and chases after the bunny into the nice place.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:20 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Whooops, I meant to have a look in here on the last good smiting.

Char
Name: Biff the Disgruntled
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian

Description: Check the name... what can I say, he isn't a very complex person.

IC: Seeing the mage chase after the little bunny, biff caught it by the scruff of it's neck and lifted it up.
Looking to the sorcerer he said, 'Why you chase little bunny rabbit?'
'Bunny rabbits not for chasing, they for eating!'

P.S- Just say if the character's are supposed to be a bit more on the serious side.
Old 04-03-2002, 05:30 PM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"Target practice is over I guess...." Said Neb, then looked down and saw that he was standing in a patch of daisies, "Ick! Flowers!" He then casts a Horrid Wilting spell on the flowers, killing them. "Ah, MUCH better."
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:52 PM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel

Biff looked down at the ground 'Heh, magic-man made flowers dead, that funny.'And broke out into a hoarse bout of raucous laughter.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:16 PM   #10
shadowhound

OOC: Well if i must
Name - Shadow Hound
Class - Thief / Mage
Race - Half Elf

Description - a weird little fellow Shadowhound has a bad habit of stealing anything small and not neccessarily valuable. Some people swear he has Kender in his blood.He has been thrown out of many thieves guilds after robbing the leaders.

IC:

Shadowhound strolls along whistleing a merry tune he then looks over to see a large laughing moron and a mage, imediatly seeing a oppertunity he strolls over to see whats going on.