Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 01:53 PM   #1
Akira Roaming Coyote
Welcomed New User

OK....so I'm off in the Windspear Hills trying to rescue that guys kid after I was tricked in to killing a bunch of paladins. I don't have a fireball spell, and I think one would really help to get rid of the stupid vampires. BUT....when I try to go back to the slums (or just about anywhere else for that matter) the guards attack me as soon as I get into town. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS???? AND HOW DO I FIX IT????? I'm only on ch. 2 and I'm so frustrated I'm about to just start over...HELP!!!
Akira Roaming Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

If you post who your party consists of, I could help you better..
The guards attack you because they think you killed those paladins in cold blood..
So you're gonna have to do the mission to get back in the city, but the vampires aren't that difficult, but as I said, if you post who your party consists of and what level they're at, it would be very good [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 01-26-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

About those Vampires, do you have a Cleric who can cast Sunray, False Dawn or Holy Smite? Any of those spells kick @$$ against Undead. If you use these, you don't have to get that Fireball.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #4
Akira Roaming Coyote
Welcomed New User

My char. - a ranger, L9
Minsc - L9
Jaheira - Fighter L8/Druid L11
Nalia - Mage L10 / Thief L4
Aerie - Cleric L8 / Mage L9
Yoshimo - L12
Old 01-26-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Hmm, those levels are a bit low for such a battle-intensive quest. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but it will be pretty difficult, especially the end battle with Firkraag himself. You might want to reload an earlier savegame and do some other quests to gain some levels before trying this one again. At least, that's what I would do.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:32 PM   #6
Akira Roaming Coyote
Welcomed New User

Well....I loaded every one of my 4 old saves, and it seems they don't go back far enough. I talked to Garren, and he said he cleard my name with the Radiant Heart, but yet see red outlines on just about every place I try to go (except the temple and govt districts in town). I could try to go there and see what I can do to get my levels up, but I have so many incomplete quests as it is. Would I be getting in over my head there too?
Old 01-26-2002, 02:41 PM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Does Trademeet show up on your map? If so, you could try to go there and do the quests that can be gotten in that City. I don't know if the guards will attack you there too though. If that's the case, or if you can't access Trademeet for any other reason, I guess you'll just have to grit your teeth and try your luck with the Vampires once again, try some different strategies. Have you tried setting traps and luring them over those one at a time? That might work, if you play it right and find a safe spot to rest and regain Yoshi's traps. You could also try to lure them to the room at the beginning, where those Orcs were attacking you with bows from inside the walls. Do you know which room I mean? You could employ the same tactic as the Orcs and finish the bloodsuckers off with missile weapons. Just be creative.
Old 01-26-2002, 03:13 PM   #8
PeeWee
Manshoon

Not sure if this would help.... check your reputation. If it's a big hit, try to cheat a little to see how much reputation points you can get by donating a crap load of money to the temples. I'm not condoning it, but there are just times when you DON"T want to start all over.

I'm currently in chapter two and have already spent like 10 hours a day playing for a week almost.

Though, to get to chapter two with what I know now isn't hard. It's just that it's a matter of losing all the things I have worked up for when I'm not stuck yet. So in your case it may not be so bad.

Keep at least 3 saves per area that gives a quest. My save log now consists of 30 different areas for me to get back to in case I make a wrong turn. I use to do the old 5 slot save method but it's too few. I really want to see developers work on the save features to let you save your games in folders where you can name them. But I'm going off on a tangent.

Check your rep and cheat if you don't wanna have to restart. If you do restart, it's only a matter of a few days to get correctly back to where you are now with you knowing what to now do.

G'luck and have fun even when it seems to be a headache.

PeeWee
Old 01-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #9
andrewas
Harper

Are we talking about the room thats _full_ of vampires? The one that's right after a t-junction, with the vampires south and the quest north? the optional one?
Old 01-26-2002, 07:50 PM   #10
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

IIRC I did not do the Windspear hills quest but I did end up going there. After I killed the paladin's and talked to buddy and went back to his place, he said he would go talk to the radiant heart and clear up the problem. I then told him I wouldn't save his son (none to happy about that), but I was able to go back to town.

Did you talk to that guy?