Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 01:41 AM   #21
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
American teenage girls. "Oh my god!" and "yeah", "sure", "fine", "okay", "umm" and "right" seem to be the only things they can say. Their vocabularies are as developed as, like, whatever [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sure, like, whateva; y'know
Old 11-06-2002, 01:50 AM   #22
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
American teenage girls. "Oh my god!" and "yeah", "sure", "fine", "okay", "umm" and "right" seem to be the only things they can say. Their vocabularies are as developed as, like, whatever [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The most fun thing to do with girls is keep a word count. Have a conversation and see how many times she says the word "like" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 01:56 AM   #23
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
The most fun thing to do with girls is keep a word count. Have a conversation and see how many times she says the word "like" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Oh I know, they say it constantly! It seems to be the only substitute for any word that they can't come up with at the time.

Old 11-06-2002, 02:04 AM   #24
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

But you have to get them talking, and most of the time, really fast
Old 11-06-2002, 03:24 AM   #25
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

I'd probably run this forum out of space if I listed them all...
Old 11-06-2002, 03:56 AM   #26
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Just a note here: Did you know that the word 'like' when used as Arledrian was talking about, is used mostly as a pause in order for the person to figure out what they're going to say next (this according to a linguist's report)? It's kind of like when someone says, "You know when, uh, I say something like this?" The 'uh' is used in the same way as 'like' is by the girls you're talking about. I'm not using this to say that you shouldn't hate those people for saying it (heaven knows I hate it as well), but just as an FYI.

To AliCat: Yay! Someone who appreciates good grammar! And I always thought I was the only one. Lots of people make fun of me because of it. But how do they come to when it's time to proofread a paper? [img]smile.gif[/img]

You know, the best use of a turn signal is when someone uses it as they're making a turn. Well, since you're already turning, it doesn't help me any to see the turn signal now. Gah! People, the turn signal is your friend.

Also on that note: How does you not notice when driving with your turn signal on? Doesn't it make that annoying sound for you? You know, "dink, dink... dink, dink." Or do you just think that it's a stupid song on the radio? For the love of all that is good in the world, please pay attention to your car!

Okay, ranting over, everyone... for now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 04:12 AM   #27
Epona
Zartan

Pet Peeves - I'm having a bad week, there will be loads, bear with me....

1. People who don't use their indicators - this is very dangerous for me since I'm on a scooter. I include cyclists who don't use hand signals, we are not bloody psychic, OK? So my Lambretta doesn't *have* indicators because it's too old, and it's not easy to close the throttle, brake, change gear, look over your shoulder, and give a hand signal all at once, but somehow I manage it. Car drivers have it easy by comparison.

2. People who overtake over the speed limit on blind corners - bloody nutters. And it will be *me* that gets hurt if they have to cut in suddenly.

3. People who have car stereos loud - we don't ALL want to hear your music. Especially when the lyrics are something along the lines of 'yo momma, you my ho' How can you be paying full attention to the road with it that loud? Why do you feel the need to inflict it on me and distract me?

4. Bad covers of good songs. Particularly Phil Collins' version of The Supremes' 'You Can't Hurry Love' and Atomic Kitten's version of The Paragons' 'Tide Is High'.

5. People who crash into you, run over your feet with trolleys/bags etc. push you out of the way and are generally rude without apologising. OK, accidents happen, but have the decency to say sorry!

EDITING TO ADD:
6. Those awful awful trousers that young lads wear down round their hips with their underwear sticking out the top, the crotch hanging round the knees, and the bottoms dragging on the floor. For gawd's sake PULL THEM UP, they look awful and don't do you any favours.

7. Dirty old men who try to look up your skirt on the bus.

8. Skirt and trousers at once - what the **** is *that* about?

9. Big beards a la ZZ Top. No thanks

[ 11-06-2002, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 11-06-2002, 04:54 AM   #28
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Hi Eppers [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I totaly agree with number 3, I don't mind music while driving but there's no need for the "boot rattle" effect.
I couldn't agree more with number 4; Have Atomic Kitten written any of their own songs? I mean sure, they're bloody good to look at but singing talent? NUH!
I'm kinda with you on the number 6. I like wearing trou' that have room to move but my hip's as low as they go.
Number 7... yep. Dirty old men are pretty sick. Creep city
Number 8 is old stees, you won't see much more of that unless you visit gypsy fairs or you ride past a group of geeks trying to look the part. (no offence intended to gypsies or geeks )
Not a fan of beards myself so number 9 is in agreement aswell
Old 11-06-2002, 07:05 AM   #29
Zidane
Manshoon

OK here we go

1. I have an hour for lunch and when I go to the Post Office or the Supermarket in my lunch hour it is full to the brim of old age pensioners and young mums with pushchairs. Why.... they can go anytime of the bloody day, why in everyone's lunch hour.

2. Chewing gum, on the seats, on the floor, geez how many times have I stuck to the floor or got it on my clothes.

3. Post offices again.... they know working people only have their lunch hours, so why oh why do they always close at least 3 openings during that time. I know staff have to have lunch hours too, but they can at least stagger it. I have stood in a queue for nearly half an hour just to get a parcel sent back, jeez.

4. Bars get my goat too. Why oh why do I always get ignored when I go to the bar, old men come up and push in and get served before me, cocky young lads with tenners waving get served before me, women with two much make up get served before me. Sigh, I am gonna have to make a sign that says invisible and fix it to my head.

I will post more when I think of em.

Lady Zidane
Old 11-06-2002, 08:17 AM   #30
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I have to agree on the topic of grammar. I am saddened by the way native English speakers seem to be losing the ability to speak and write correctly in their own language. I understand making a spelling mistake or two-- I have been known to do that myself-- but blatant disregard for the rules of grammer makes me want to scream. As a writer, it is very important for me to use language correctly. I find that many people seem incapable of expressing themselves properly simply because they don't have the language for it.
Other peeves include bad drivers, as mentioned by many others. I also detest smokers who feel they must smoke in small, enclosed areas, forcing non-smokers to leave, or go outside into the cold to get away from their toxic fumes.