Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2002, 06:17 PM   #1
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

I have cleaned out the dusty book level; opened all the doors, trucked some booty upstairs and stashed it in a barrel, slept. Went back down, and we got trapped behind locked doors. Is this a feature or a bug? Is there always a way out? We didn't disturb the dwarf guards in the back hall. Imoen separated from the rest of the party...It doesn't seem that we can get into the switch room.

[ 10-31-2002, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: SnarktheStrange ]
Old 10-31-2002, 06:39 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No This is not a bug.

Your on the level below were the 4 guardians (love, fear, pride, hate)or whatever they are correct. This area can be difficult. The best way to do this level is go left towards the portals when you first get down and don't look back, and ignore the switch room all together. Else you can get one or more of your members locked in a certain area espicially if you are running back a forth. You are going to have to play with the various swithces, and stones to get the switch room to open, or do a reload. Leave at least one person in the area were you get keil's helmet, so if you get the door to the switch room open he can go in even if the other door locks. Once you control the switch room you will control all the doors. Personally I found that entire floor to be an annoyance my first time through. I don't even bother with the floor much anymore. Just get N to the room with the helmet, then west, and South to get down to the next level. There are a few neat items were the guards are, but if you get the chest open they will attack you and are fairly tough.

[ 10-31-2002, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 07:01 PM   #3
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

I was cleaning up at the time, going down to get the sets of plate armor. I don't think I'm rich enough to ignore them yet. I did quit; on the reload, I'll be sure that the switch room is covered.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:49 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

it is a sorta bug or error, if you do the switching doors up to the throne you cannot leave then come back (least i couldnt) as it closes them again, you can open up until the throne room then your stuffed as no way i could find to activate the door you get after you pick up kiels item. Its all fine until you leave that level to come back then the problems begin, i dont think theres any way round it, so the best thing to do is hope you got enough item slots to do ALL the rest of durlags tower after you hit that spot, my advice is to beat pride etc then return to the surface and clear item slots before returning, if you dont you will kick yourself for missing some of the lovely equipment you can find.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
There are a few neat items were the guards are, but if you get the chest open they will attack you and are fairly tough.
I found that I could Pick and open the chest right in front of them and take the potions, and they didn't care.....they only turned hostile if I took the morning star or buckler.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:26 AM   #6
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Yup. If you can't handle fighting them, the best thing to do is get everyone except for your thief by the exit to the next level, then have your thief pick the lock and loot the items and haul arse back to his friends before the dwarven doomguards can catch him. Ironically, though, if you can manage to get them seperated, they are much easier to deal with than when they attack as a group...
Old 11-04-2002, 07:05 AM   #7
Grungi
Banned User

i never actually fought the doomguards, i just ran [img]smile.gif[/img] they were extremly hard even for my at the time level 6-7 party and immune to most of what i chucked at em
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote