Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-10-2004, 08:22 AM   #21
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think i need a "money tree" my self Lady Zekke lol it is expensive with kids in the house!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:29 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Cerek, thanks for the good wishes, they're much appreciated! Geez, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get decent chow for your own reception! LOL, seems like you should after all the nervousness and stress you go through to get that far!

We've got a sit down meal planned so I'm sure I'll at least get what I want for dinner!

I agree, T-D-C's camera idea is a good one and Jim and I already ordered some wedding (disposable) cameras.

Megabot... [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess you're learning about all the things babies need these days. Costs a lot but I bet you wouldn't trade having her for anything. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Smoothie, I hear you! It is stressful, but I keep telling myself that I need to enjoy the wedding and my fiance is absolutely insisting on that! [img]smile.gif[/img] He's helping a lot in the planning. Even called all the venues for the reception for details and then did all the calling to a company that didn't send our order (table centerpieces, cake topper etc) until they finally got around to shipping (almost 2 months after we ordered!).

One of my bridesmaids told me that they had a really nice idea at a wedding she went to. The dj called all married couples to the floor and started a dance. After a few minutes he told all couples married less than a day to leave. Then less than a month, year, 2 years, five, etc til the last couple was there. Then the newlyweds gave that couple who'd been married the longest, a gift. I liked that idea!

[ 01-10-2004, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #23
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Back again with some other wedding ideas from the front line LOL.

We are still doing the old bouquet and garter toss (mainly because we still have ALOT of single friends) If you don't have many single people there then I wouldn't do it. I went to one wedding where there was only 1 single girl there and they called all the single girls to the floor. She was the only girl out the. I felt so sorry for her.

Another idea we had was that if there are going to be lots of kids we are setting up a little TV room at the reception (our reception place has been FANTASTIC) so the kids can watch a video supervised by a reception representative.

Hope it all helps.

BTW it helps to have everything organized well in advanced. Leanne (my fiancé) and I had everything organized about 4 months ago so with 33 days to go its been smooth sailing.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:13 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I've got about 4 months to go so we're trying to get the organization part done!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #25
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Because we are getting married on Valentines Day (which is a Saturday over here in Australia) we had to have everything booked and deposits done with about 10 months to go. Final Organizations were done at 4 months.

So we were kind of forced to be organized or miss out on what we wanted.

Are you getting married in a church or garden?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Awww! That's very romantic! And you'll probably never forget your anniversary that way! LOL

Jim and I are marring in a small church, which works out well, since we're keeping the guest list fairly small too.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #27
quietman1920

I know this sounds stupid/obvious, but you need an open bar. There are lots of people in one room who don't know each other from Adam, and while I know the dangers, I also know it breaks the ice. A very good friend's sister got married and her father had a thing about 'Evil Drink' and wouldn't allow (he was writing the check) alcohol at the reception. Now That was one Looooong Strained reception. (At the end, even the brides father said "this party's Terrible...!")

We did the band thing, but the DJ would have been cool.

Total Side Note: Best Reception I Ever Attended:
One of my wife's reletives was on a bowling team that hit & split the Lotto. But, the wedding reception was already ordered/paid for. All they could upgrade were the appetizers. Soooo....they had 12 serving tables. One had every type of Caviar I'd ever seen. One had filet mignon, one had fresh ham, one had Shrimp, Maryland Softshell, Alaskan King Crab legs. And then there were the cool experimental Hors D'oeuvres...like mushroom caps filled with lobster. I know that two of the corner tables were open bars and a third table was all champagne flutes. And all this didn't even include the waitresses coming around with trays!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #28
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The only bad thing about an open bar is it gets VERY expensive; you end up with a lot of half drunk glasses.

I do think that you should have an open bar with beer, wine, soft drinks but not spirits.

Plus side to getting married on FEB 14th. Hallmark will ALWAYS remind me LOL.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #29
Smoothie
Manshoon

Bumped this for you just so you could explore some nontraditional weddings : http://www.gothicweddings.com/
Old 01-30-2004, 08:27 AM   #30
Smoothie
Manshoon

what no comments from this bunch?