Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Default Re: Odd News April 2011

Quote:
BISHKEK (Reuters) – Members of Kyrgyzstan's divided parliament slaughtered seven rams before their morning session on Thursday, in a sacrifice they hope will banish "evil spirits" disrupting their work.
I'll bet they'd have less disruption if they sacrificed a couple of the politicians instead. Probably fewer protests too...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:

Gaga approves 'Weird Al' parody

By DARRYL STERDAN, QMI Agency

Turns out pop’s leading Lady is gaga for Weird Al after all.

Following an Internet outcry, Lady Gaga has agreed to let ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic release his parody of her song Born This Way — and her manager now admits the whole affair was his fault, the musical satirist says.

“After putting my Lady Gaga parody (I Perform This Way) on YouTube this morning – and announcing that it wouldn’t be on my next album because Gaga didn’t approve it – there was a huge outpouring of disappointment from the Internet,” Yankovic posted on his blog Wednesday evening. “Apparently the fact that she didn’t approve it was news to Lady Gaga herself!

“Gaga’s manager has now admitted that he never forwarded my parody to Gaga – she had no idea at all. Even though we assumed that Gaga herself was the one making the decision (because, well, that’s what we were TOLD), he apparently made the decision completely on his own.

“He’s sorry. And Gaga loves the song. I’m thrilled on many levels to hear this, because 1) I truly respect and admire Gaga as an artist and it pained me to think of her as having less than a great sense of humor, and 2) it means I GET TO PUT OUT MY ALBUM!”

Yankovic says the song will be the first single on his forthcoming CD.

Proceeds from the song will be donated to the Human Rights Campaign.

Looks like he got the last laugh.
One of these days, all artists and their cohorts will realize that when Weird Al decides he wants to parody your song, it's neither disrespectful nor dishonorable. It's a sign that you've really reached the big time (or at least one-hit wonder status)
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:

Police inadvertently shoot dog attack victim

BERLIN (Reuters) – A German woman who had escaped without serious injury from a dog attack was accidentally shot by police while she hid from the animal behind a door, police said on Wednesday.

Police in Berlin shot the dog dead, but a stray bullet went through the door behind which the woman was cowering, striking her in the arm.

The woman was not seriously injured. She had gone to visit neighbors at their apartment on Tuesday evening when their two-year-old dog Carlito attacked her.

A police officer was also grazed in the throat by a ricocheting bullet. Police are investigating possible charges of negligence against both the dog's owner and the police officers who fired the shots.

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey, editing by Paul Casciato)
Takes that whole "I'm a police officer and I'm here to help you" thing to a new level, doesn't it?
-+-+-+
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:

Stafford investigates udderly shocking shoplifting cow

By David Pierce
STAFFORD, Va. --

Walmart shoppers in Stafford County saw the sight of their lives Tuesday night—a cow, on all fours, trying to score gallons of milk.

An 18-year-old man dressed up in a cow suit stole 26 gallons of milk around 10:35 p.m. from the Garrisonville Walmart, Stafford County Sheriff’s spokesman Bill Kennedy said.

The man was apparently crawling while he exited the store, trying to emulate cattle, Kennedy said.

Soon afterward, witnesses told Stafford sheriff's deputies that the man was handing out the pilfered milk jugs to passersby outside of the Walmart, Kennedy said.

It was unclear Wednesday how he managed to get all of that milk out of the busy store on Garrisonville Road.

Kennedy said that store employees saw the thief “skipping down the sidewalk” in the cow suit before leaving the immediate area.

Stafford County sheriffs said they went to a nearby McDonald’s restaurant for a disturbance call, and the responding officer saw a man — not in a cow suit — there that seemed to match the culprit.

The suspect was taken back to the Walmart, and management confirmed he was the thief of the pasteurized potion.

The cow suit was found in the man’s car, Kennedy said.

Kennedy did not identify the suspect, who was released on a summons to appear in court.

Kennedy admitted the theft was bizarre.

“This is probably one of the most unique efforts of shoplifting I’ve seen,” Kennedy said. “It might’ve been a prank that went wrong, but it isn’t as funny when [the suspect] breaks the law.”

Kennedy said the sheriff's office didn't have surveillance video of the theft, but said it would have been interesting to see.

Staff writer David Pierce can be reached at 703-530-3905.
A part of me is sure he just wanted his milk back.... and another part is certain that I don't want milk that came from a male cow...
-+-+-+
Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I put this in the "Odd news" category just because it is funny. I recently worked at a house in Denver (adding a large porch, anyone need one?). The homeowners told the contractor they went into the backyard one day and they thought someone was throwing trash over their fence. There was a shutter laying there. They threw it away. Yea they really should have looked up, and yep its still missing lol.