Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
Absynthe

Very simply this is a place for people to say "Thanks" to other IW members for something they've done or said, or just for generally being around...

Memnoch, thanks for getting me back into IW.

Choc, thanks for keeping Ziroc as your human.

Lady Sedai, thanks for being so thoughtful in your posts, you really care about people and it shows.

Melusine, thank you for being you. Your sense of humor and absurdity is always a high point when I'm on the forum.

And the person who got me thinking about this... Thanks to Aelia Jusa for starting the Secret Santa thread. It's a very cool thing to do.

My list is far from complete in people or reasons to thank them, and I will add to it in time. Suffice it to say that there are many more folks on IW for whose acquaintance I am thankful.
Feel free to add on...

Old 12-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Nice words [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
I totally agree, there are some great people on Iron works, it is the main reason I go on teh internet these days, I eagerly await seeing the replies I often get to posts, and to see the new jokes and so on, also, I have met quite a few people here that I will hopefully be friends with for some time.

Ziroc, Memmnoch, CloudBringer, T-D-C, Larry_OHF [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] , Dundee Slaytern, Sazarac, Mouse, Luvian,CocoaSpud and Wyvern (think thats all of you)
Thanks for looking after this place.

I do hope iron works stays around for quite a while now.

[ 12-15-2004, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Old 12-15-2004, 01:08 AM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

You forgot Luvian!
Old 12-15-2004, 01:44 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
::steps up to podium:: I want to thank Aaron, for being awesome... Pirengle (Does she frequent this board?) for being a good friend and for having my back... And most of all I want to thank Alex for being there for me, listening to me rant, and generally being a wonderful person to talk to. I can't count the number of times I've probably woken others from laughing over one of our conversations. I also want to thank the little people that made it all possible, and a handful of board members who constantly provide topics for discussion.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #5
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Thank you to Shadowhound who introduced me to this wonderful forum.
And thanks to Cloudbringer who encouraged me not to feel bad about things and to be happy.

And my last thank you is to everyone at ironworks who makes this one big happy internet forum family [img]smile.gif[/img]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 12-15-2004, 03:50 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
You forgot Luvian!
And Sazarac and Mouse.

Thanks to all the people who can enjoy a good debate without resorting to personal attacks. Of all the forums I frequent, and have frequented over the years, Ironworks has the best discussions in this way, bar possibly one or two which have died.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:56 AM   #7
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I'd like to thank everyone here, for making this a great place.

In particular, Chris of the Dale for reminding me to come back.

And Cloudy for the Cafe

And Lennoncook for all of his computer advice... MS rants and all [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hivetyrant for the sig!

Lady Alureth for putting up with me on UFR (not reall IWs... hmm, I will justify it in this thread by saying) And not taking it out on me here...

LadyZekke for enlightnening me that Americans really can sound that American...

T-D-C for my Gmail address.

Kakero for knowing what on Earth I am talking about in Malaysia

And of course, Ziroc for the forums themselves. And the mods for helping to run them.

*phew* Four edits in the space of about 3 minutes [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-16-2004, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]
Old 12-15-2004, 05:21 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nice words. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I think that every member of IW deserves special praise excpet those pesky trolls wich come here every year. Buz Choc bannes them anyhow.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:32 AM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

*ahem*

Sigmar would like to thank the following people:

Dplax, for resizing and hosting my sig whenever I change it.
/)eathkiller The original Sigsmith for devising many of my sigs.
Deathbringer, for making a couple of sigs for me too.
Azurewolf and Caleb for making me members of HADB back in the day.
Hiram Sedai, for his hilarious and witty posts.
Lady Sedai, for being a very helpful person in general.
Arvon, for consistently posting joke after joke, some of which on occasion have brightend up my day.
Johnny, for being one of the funniest posters on the forum, and helping me out when I needed to reactivate my account.
Megabot and Bokken for the good ol' days on the HADB boards!
Beaumanoir, Link, Talthyr Malkaviel and the rest of the ol' HADB Clan for being funny mofo's!
Melusine and Willow XI for posting helpful advice when I was feeling down about something or another.And pointing ou when I've done something stoooopid.
Attalus, for tolerating my Cafe acts of lunacy and occasional rapping.
Sir Golummn, Sir Exxon and Sir ReGin for their general friendliness.
Earthdog.
Cloudbringer, Memnoch and Ziroc for helping me out over the years.
Someguy.
Megabot.
Vaskez.
Stormymystic.
Kaltia.
Wellard.
Ladyzekke.
Lennoncook.
Yorick.
Elif Godson.
Lord Shield.
Grojlach.
Deathmage, for DMrealms.
Calatheis Dragonsbane, for making me realise how naive I can be sometimes. Thankyou.
Donut, you are a genius, your subtle comedy will never be copied!
Ilander, Blind_Prophet, for your inspired sigs!
Timber-loftis.
Aelia for Secret Santa.
T-D-C

Sigmar is sure he has left valued friends and members out, but unfortunately Sigmar's mental capacity is fairly restricted and therefore he is unable to give thanks to everyone at this point in time (I'll have to edit this a few times). Plus, I have to go back to school. Tatty-bye!

[ 12-15-2004, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Awwe..Absynthe, what a sweet thought! [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] Maybe I'm feeling all the holiday spirit this time of year, but this really made me feel good this morning. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always smile when I think of this place and the people who post and make it an interesting, fun, informative and friendly place.

To everyone on IW, THANK YOU for a splendid year and I look forward to the coming year with you all! I can't even begin to thank everyone individually- it's a monumental task! Just know that if you participate here, you've been part of the magic of Ironworks in some way or another.

I know some people think I'm crazy to be interested in even the smallest things you might want to chat about in the Cafe, but I really am an I really feel very good seeing people use the Cafe to talk with others and share a bit of the humdrum or exciting. If you're enjoying yourselves or getting value of some kind by communcicating there, then it's all good!

WB, Absynthe, its' good to see your nick around these parts again!

ps: *giggles at Sigmar's comment on mental capacity* LOL GMTA I almost posted that my memory ain't what it used to be.

[ 12-15-2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]