Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
Mystique
The Magister

What about your CD-drive? Does it have enough spins per second, or what they call it in professional terms?
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:22 PM   #12
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystique:
What about your CD-drive? Does it have enough spins per second, or what they call it in professional terms?
rpm with CD's, but I do not see how the computer would shut down if a CD is inserted and the rpm's are low...
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:21 AM   #13
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Good news. The seller has agreed to send me a new game. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #14
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Got the new game today! [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]

Tried to install it......

and the SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Guess my PC just doesn't meet the specs after all. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #15
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
Got the new game today! [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]

Tried to install it......

and the SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Guess my PC just doesn't meet the specs after all. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
No!

I guarantee you it will install on any PC.
The specs of your machine should not cause your computer to have any ill effects, unless you try running the game (which you can’t do yet)

I am yet to see anything similar to your case, but rest assured my ears are open and I am very interested to see why on earth it is happening...
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #16
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Cerek try starting your computer via a command prompt (use a startup disk) and if that works see if you can explore the CD. If you can, just copy the contents to a folder in your PC and see if it will read it from there!
Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 PM   #17
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Hey, you haven't mentioned it, but did you get any kind of blue-screen as your computer rebooted, or did it just immediately die?

While not likely, it could be come kind of a problem with your disc-drive driver, trying to do something windows doesn't want it to do...and when you mess with windows, windows tends to shoot itself in the face so you can't mess with it anymore...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #18
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... that just made me think of something else. By default, Windows reboots when it encounters a BSOD. Somewhere (System properties?) you can tell it not to do that... that might help to narrow down what's happening.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #19
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Have you tried contacting the company's tech support to see if they've heard of this before?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:22 AM   #20
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I don't get a blue screen before the PC reboots. In fact, "rebooting" is a bit misleading. When the installation wizard asks for CD3, I put the disc in the driver. The machine reads the disc for just a few seconds and then the screen goes completely blank. It will STAY blank until I eject the CD, then the machine reboots. It seems like the system is trying to read something on the CD that it can't understand.

I'm not sure what the BSOD is, but I'll check the System Setup and see if I can find it.

Contacting the tech support for the company is tops on my list. I already went to the website and was directed to the obligatory FAQS screen. I was hoping to get a tech online, but that service apparantly isn't available. And now that I am gainfully employed once again, it's hard to find time to call the support line during their business hours. Still, I'm gonna try and get in touch with them in the next day or two.

One last thing I can try is loading the game on another machine. Unfortunately, my backup PC is glitched right now (it keeps giving me a weird "floppy disk error" during bootup). There is a local tech that works on the PC's at my wife's office. He would probably charge less than the others around to look at the PC and fix it. I just haven't had the money to have that done till recently.