Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 11:05 PM   #11
Bromhead
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some of mine are:

Aliens: "I say we nuke the place, it's the only way to be sure!"

Predator: "I ain't got time to bleed."

Conan: "Conan, what is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear
the lamentation of their women."

------------------
Old 03-06-2001, 11:37 PM   #12
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My favorite all-time quote is of course in my .sig (a fragment actually) It's from Alice in Through the Looking Glass when she tells the Red Queen that "one can't beleive impossible things!" and the Red Queen of course disagrees. It's so painfully funny and true -- I see *loads* of people beleiving in impossible things all day long. My second favorite is from a John Cusack film: "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are" I think it was "Better off Dead." It's so Zen, so unequivocal, so impossible to disagree with.

-Grebki

------------------
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. And then I went and made at least three of them come true before lunch.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:09 AM   #13
JJ/newbie

"I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!"
heh heh heh

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-07-2001, 12:44 AM   #14
Draconia

My favorite line in a movie is in The Mummy when Brendan Fraser is on the burning boat and the fat jailer guy asks him "What do we do?" and Brendan replies "Wait here. I will go get help." And then he jumps off the boat. No matter how many times I watch that, it is still funny.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 03:14 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quotes?? Hehe my favourite!

OK, see if I get this right!
"This is the first day of the last days for the rest of my life" OK, thats from NIN from the EP Broken.

Since i have so many I will go some more..
"despite all my rage, I´m still just a rat in a cage" Smashing Pumpkins Infinite sadness or the aother one..

"Childhood ends when you know you´re are going to die" The Crow

"But I´m dead, and I´m moving" The crow

"-Do you guys actually go out in these?"
"-Would you have prefered yeloow spandex?" X-men Wolverine and Cyclpos..

OK, well to mny snappy things have been said yo choose but a few would be a crime to all good poets, writers and thinkers..

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-07-2001, 07:46 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

"I believe everything I read, and I think that makes me more of a selective human being..."

David St. Hubbins (St. Hubbin was the patron saint of quality footwear)
From 'Spinal Tap'

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-07-2001, 08:06 AM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

"Vivre et laisser vivre."
(Would translate as "Live and let live", I guess).

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 09:05 AM   #18
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Here are some funny ones:

"Ask her how old she is, women live longer than men" - Joey from Friends when Chandler is on the irq with some chick!

When Homer is in space and Lisa and Grampa are watching it on TV
Lisa: C'mon dad you can make it!
Grandpa: Of course he'll make it, it's TV!

From Braveheart:
William Wallace: I am William Wallace.
Man: William Wallace is seven feet tall.
William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And, if he was here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.
-
William Wallace: Men don't follow titles, they follow courage.
-
William Wallace: You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And, I go to make sure that they have it.
-
William Wallace: I am William Wallace. And, I see a whole army of my country men, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as freemen, and freemen you are. What will you do without freedom?! Will you fight?
Man: No . . . we will run . . . and we will live.
William Wallace: Aye. Fight and you may die. Run and you'll live, at least a while. And, dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance -- just one chance -- to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!

The Big Lebowski:
The Big Lebowski: Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?
The Dude: Sure, that and a pair of testicles.

This one makes sense:
"The purpose of war is, is to serve a political end, but the true nature of war is to serve itself."

Simon Peter Gruber: Said Simple Simon to the pie-man going to the fair: give me your pies . . . or I'll cave your head in.

A Few Good Men:
Col. Nathan R. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

And finally, Tombstone:
Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry.

got some more, but don't really feel like it!

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-07-2001, 09:11 AM   #19
Moiraine
Anubis

Yeah, and Chandler's chick is ... Janice !
(Can you hear the laughter ?)

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 09:14 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

My name is Maximus Decimus Moridius,
Commander of the Armies of the North,
General of the Felix Legions.
Servant to the TRUE Emperor, Marcus Aurelius.
Father to a murdered son,
Husband to a murdered wife,
And I shall have my vengeance,
In this world or the next.
-- Russell Crowe, Gladiator

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame