Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-04-2001, 08:54 AM   #21
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Suul-Stealth,

I live in the mountains near Grenoble (about 120 km from Lyon).
If you live in England (where ?), you should meet Charlie, he lives in London.

And I have told Luc many times that he could go to the board, but he doesn't want to, saying that it my private area, although he is very interested with what I tell him about all of you. Besides, Yorick plans to come to see us in France (it will be so great !), and Luc is very willing and happy to meet a new friend too.

BTW, LadyWendyZekky, Melusine, Cloudbringer, Draconia, and all the other ladies, are your hubbies like mine ? Or do they post on the board too ?
Old 02-04-2001, 09:57 AM   #22
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Moiraine - my husband does not post here. He only just discovered chatting on napster, and he loves it because of the variety of people he finds on it. He trusts me completely tho, and I have many good male friends in mIRC. This board has been good for me - not that I post very often. It's great to find out I'm not a total aberration because I'm a woman who plays RPGs. Before this board, I had only known of one other woman who does.

Oh- Welcome Back Suul-Yin-Stealth-bomber ---- I remember you!
Old 02-04-2001, 11:12 AM   #23
Stealth Bomber

Bilqis you are stealthier than me!! I had forgotten about you. I am so sorry. I know a lot of the original members seldom post but still visit and read the threads. Glad to hear you still visit and thanks for the welcome back.

Moiraine I live in Dundee, Scotland but I am hoping to meet some of my fellow Brits when Yorick comes over.

Old 02-04-2001, 11:24 AM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Bilqis,
I remember reading one or two posts of yours but didn't know you were a femme. Stealthy you are! Where are you from?

Bomber-Yinn,
All is forgiven old fruit. I shall make sure I take the low road and head up to my ancestors home once more. The Isle of Mull beckons!
Old 02-04-2001, 01:57 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ah Moiraine, you have forced me to admit my 'single' status! Not for want of changing, mind you, but on the two "almost there" attempts I've made: I dropkicked the first one (in college, after getting secretly engaged) when I caught him with another girl (and subsequently discovered she wasn't the only one) and the second "almost" dropped me and vanished - turns out I was a "rebound" relationship and his true-love had just married someone else....sigh...

Now you know why I have so much freetime for posting on Friday nights.
Old 02-04-2001, 01:57 PM   #26
Moiraine
Anubis

Please forgive me being off-topic, but could some of you friends read my yesterday post about Algeria and return me some comments please ? Otherwise, I feel as if I have written a lot of boring b*** ...
Old 02-04-2001, 02:11 PM   #27
Moiraine
Anubis

Oh, Cloudbringer, sorry, sorry, I messed up, sorry, sorry sorry ...
May I say for my defense that there was never a doubt in my heart that a lot of men exist in this world who would be so willing to love such a nice person as you ?
Old 02-04-2001, 02:30 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Moiraine you're a cack! (LOL) No it's not boring s*#$! You just so comprehensively presented your case their was no need to reply. Either that or Boo hasn't read it yet. Besides, I replied

Cloudbringer, sorry to hear about your near misses, but better to find out all this before than once into it (eeugh).
As Moiraine said, you seem lovely. You never know what's around the corner. Besides, singledom can be alright, no shame in that. There are positives and negatives in either situation.

Hope you're ok though. It doesn't sound like it was pleasant.
Old 02-04-2001, 02:45 PM   #29
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Cloudbringer--
In agreeing with Yorick, single life is great!!! I was married to the most wonderful person in the world for 2 years (together for 7) and I loved every minute of our time together and our marriage, but to keep a long story short, she got accostomed(sp) to a life style (grad school....bars, staying up late, single crowd) that I could not keep (work full-time and finishing my degree) so we separated 3 months ago and I have to tell you I was a total waste for about 3-4 weeks but now I am growing used to it and I am really enjoying the single lifestyle. One day I hope to find that certain someone, but right now I am just sitting back, enjoying life, and reading too g**d*** BGII posts
I guess I didn't catch your whole story but wanted to spill my guts, so to speak! pardon
Old 02-04-2001, 02:54 PM   #30
Moiraine
Anubis

Cloudbringer,
you would have told us one day or another. Everybody on this board seems to have told what grieves his heart at some point. I for one feel honored that you have trusted us enough to give us this little piece of yourself. A sincere and big hug for you, my friend.

Yorick,
didn't you tell me that I have a special knack to pull their stories out of people ?