Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-05-2000, 01:08 AM   #1
draconia

I don't know if I should take Valygar's Quest or not. I have Anomen in my party. Should I get rid of him and use Valygar? I don't know what I should do. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-05-2000, 01:21 AM   #2
Khellendros

It really depends on what class you are. Valygar's quest is tied with the planar sphere, a place that hold much magical potential. Personally, I'd do it anyway because I thought the planar sphere was one of the best quests in the game. It offers a large variety of opponents.

Old 12-05-2000, 01:39 AM   #3
Sebastian_Kell

take it or kill him him it doesn't matter as long as you get into the planar Sphere. The Guantlets of Ogre power are there and you need them to get Crom Faeyr. and if your playing as a mage or sorceror it becomes your stronghold in which you get people making items for you.

Old 12-05-2000, 01:46 AM   #4
draconia

Thanks for all of your help. I am playing as a thief. Then should I get rid of Anomen? I just picked him up and got rid of Nalia. I have Jaheira, Aerie, Minsc, Yoshimo, Anomen in my party. I am in Chapter 3 so I thought maybe I can do this quest at another time or do it before I go after the vampires. I am having so much trouble playing this game and it is nice to have some help and input. Thanks again.

Old 12-05-2000, 01:51 AM   #5
Armisael

I'd drop Anomen. No surprises there.

Old 12-05-2000, 01:59 AM   #6
draconia

Thanks Armesael, I will do that. Should I finish the Planar Sphere quest and the Umar Hill quest before I go after the vampires? I don't think that I am quite ready to fight vampires yet. I keep running into the 3 and they just wipe me out. Are they the hardest to fight or are there harder things?

Old 12-05-2000, 02:05 AM   #7
Armisael

Much harder things, unfortunately. If you don't use negative plane protection on yourself before fighting them they will level drain you and kill you. In my opinion, next to an illithid brain devour, level drain can be the most deadly attack, effectively reducing your hit points by 30 or so with each shot - more in the case of some creatures. If you're still having trouble, raise undead to deal with them; undead are negative energy creatures and level drain has no effect on them. Level up all you want. My character (fighter) was level twelve when I fought them, and I didn't have too much trouble.

Old 12-05-2000, 02:11 AM   #8
draconia

My character is a level 14 thief. I will try to remember to use that spell. After I do the Planar Sphere quest will Valygar stay with me or does he leave? If there is a spoiler then I don't mind knowing. I like knowing some things before I do go do them then I can be a little prepared. Thanks

Old 12-05-2000, 02:29 AM   #9
Armisael

No, he stays. I'd prefer taking Korgan as a fighter, though. Valygar's a very boring character.

Old 12-05-2000, 02:41 AM   #10
draconia

Thanks Armisael, I will go do the Planar Sphere quest. I guess I better get some game playing in before I go to bed. Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions. I will probably be back to ask more questions. Night