Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 05:16 AM   #11
G.W.

Sure, I can believe drow have strong equipment and good smiths. Maybe I could see their equipment being +2, or something, but it in this game, the common drow soldier has better armor than the greatest hero above ground. This seems a bit messed up. Full plate +5 is better than dragon scale plate or gorgon plate, and full plate +5 is littering the ground like it's dropping off of fallen paladins in the bridge district.

Old 02-06-2001, 07:16 AM   #12
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

The Drow stuff is probably so good to give low level characters a fighting chance down there. It is strange how powerful the Drow stuff is. You'd think there'd be some better Dwarven made stuff out there. They're the number one smiths. Dragon scales only -1? It's obviously more to do with game balance than realism. Like most people my least favourite now is the first dungeon. Too long. I don't like all the running back and forth but I also can't stand leaving anything behind. My favourite is probably the Windspear hills. Several monster personalities in there, lots of treasure.
Old 02-06-2001, 07:38 AM   #13
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I agree - the absolute worst is the very beginning one. At least it's fairly simple so the agony doesn't last as long. My favorite places are Athkatla & Windspear. I know they aren't 'dungeons'. I just prefer being outside I guess.
I'm not very fond of the Underdark either. Too much running to & fro on 'errands'. Tedious.

Speaking of tedious, one thing I wish we could do is click through the movies. I've played the game 7 1/2 times (trying out each class), and I already know what Irenicus is going to say, do, threaten, etc. I usually get up and go throw a load of laundry in the machine, or talk with my kids or something.

Well, that's my 2cents worth!
Old 02-06-2001, 08:28 AM   #14
Stealth Bomber

Without doubt the worst is the first dungeon, although the Druid grove also sucks. I was expecting a major battle against the druids and instead got a one-on-one, which was over after 4 rounds. Best one was probably the unseeing eye as beholders are tough without Balduran's shield or Cloak of Mirrowing.

Old 02-06-2001, 09:03 AM   #15
Migosh

On playing the game through many times I would say the windspear hills dungeons are the best, golems, greater wolfwares, a whole load of vampires and even an extra quest in the middle to get some cool stuff and to top it off a dragon at the end!

I find the spellhold one to be quite tedious now, all those riddles and stuff are not so fun the second time around but I still do them for experince and items.. which makes them even more tedious.

Old 02-06-2001, 01:30 PM   #16
Megilindar

I thought that the Guardian Beholder in the Sahugin City was hilarious. After running around with flat fish people characters, the beholder's personality really surprised me, it was nice being able to do something that didn't involve me hacking something to death.

Old 02-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #17
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

*ooops* I made a mistake... I meant Trademeet as my second favorite questing place, not Windspear.. tho that would be up there too. The Windspear dungeon has some of the best 'prizes' in the game, IMHO.

Darn!! Now you know I'm not perfect!
Old 02-06-2001, 06:39 PM   #18
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

First one is, by a mile, the most annoying of the all. And especially the fact that you cant shut Imoen up!
I thought the Underdark was way better than any other dungeon and I like the way they made the Kuo Toa world what with all the ambushes and all!
The surroundings in the underdark made you feel that you were as far away from any outside help as you could ever be and that gave it a good mood.
I must admit I didn't like Windspear hills that much either, except for the ending, of course.