Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 05:51 AM   #31
BaatoRyan

Yep... Minsc just got hit by a lightning bolt in my most recent game, as to it never happened to my other game on which that game is now in chapter six! I'd better try out that guy in Trademeet! Does anyone know how many Bodhi gives exp to your char? When I checked out my stats, My most powerful vanquished was Bodhi, before it was Firkraag

Old 11-19-2000, 05:57 AM   #32
Armisael

Bodhi gives 91,000 experience. Pretty strange, considering she's pathetically weak - HP 120. She doesn't even regenerate or anything.

Old 11-19-2000, 05:59 AM   #33
iyke

Very strange moment in either slums or docks when out of nowhere someone screams some nonsense then throws a scimitar at either Aerie's or Yoshimo's head for one damage. I think its the same guy that throws the money in the temple of ilmater. I had the last laugh though; I picked up the scimitar and sold it for 12 gold which went towards buying that girdle of hill giant strength.

Old 11-19-2000, 06:16 AM   #34
BaatoRyan

She's definitely pathetic if you have the short-lived negative plane protection! My AC was -9 that game, and she drained my ass like I was just a grade one student or something!!! Too overconfident on my part I s'pose... the following time, casted protection on the right time, and I returned the favor... thanx!

Old 11-19-2000, 09:44 AM   #35
Sardonix

Another excellent detail...the two paintings at the back of the Adventurer's Mart depicting the ranger and diminutive barbarian who die horribly at the hands of the dragon Tiamat - remember the old D&D cartoon with those kids who find themselves in the D&D world with the Dungeonmaster? Nice to know how it ended. I bet Tiamat feasted on the kid's unicorn. Mwahahaha.

Old 11-19-2000, 10:13 AM   #36
Armisael

Heh, yeah, I noticed that too, but I couldn't put my finger on the face. I thought it was out of Scooby Doo or something. I definitely hated the D&D cartoon, though. : P

Old 11-21-2000, 06:39 AM   #37
LilKid

I dunno, I thought this was pretty funny...
Viconia and Jan were like arguing or something, Jan goes into one of his little stories. Viconia asks Gaersan (my protagonist, monk, neutral evil) how he came across Jan in the first place (which I thought was strange, since Viconia was in my party when I got Jan) and the game gave me the option of saying something to the effect of, "Well, it all started when Jan's (uncle, cousin, or something) got into this nasty flesh-golem eating contest..." I just about busted out laughing on the floor when I heard that.

Old 11-21-2000, 07:15 AM   #38
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

Thank you all for responding to my message... I really appreaciate that im not the only one out there being struck by lightning =) anyway ... i have 3 other wierdest moments in the game...

a) how come the enemy monsters follow you outside the door or something are able to do so yet my own monsters are not able to? i was kinda frustrated by that but i guessed the creators did it to help balance the game... imagine summoning 5 strong monsters, like air elementals or something, before battle and before entering .....BUT ... how come when they summon elementals in the game they turn red right away and attack my men (although the mage was incapacitated for a while)???? how come they dont attack the mages like what happens to me... kinda wierd to me...one time while fighting a bunch of men inside a house... one of them casted horror on my nymph... guess what? she panicked ... no big deal... but the thing is she panicked all the way outside the house and exited the doorway making all the enemy fighters go out also ... kinda wierd but fun at the same time.

b) another funny thing is IF your a mage or a socerer, at a certain level you might be able to summon genies yet in my game when they die, they become gaseous form then they become genies again and attack ME not the enemies... i may be a crybaby about this but this is cheating, well unfair...

c) last but not the least... this always crack me up... when i met Drizzt and his gang... one of the choices on the dialogue box was "didnt i kill you before..." i laughed right there and then... for those who didnt play bg1- there was a time i met drizzt there and have a choice to kill him or not... i did both but it still cracks me up with that kind of option...

well this is all my wierdest moments so far whats yours?
*i just recently finished the game and posted a final battle comment pls answer that*

Thanks to ya all.
Old 11-22-2000, 07:02 PM   #39
RuDeBoy_666

Well my weirdest moment was when my familiar dissapeared after finishing the keep quest. Said he was there somewhere just not in my bag anymore, I missed that bugger. Too bad only the protagonist can get one. I loved the pitures in the adventurers mart I hated that friggin kid. But strangest of all is when I escaped fron irenicus' prison we ran into this little boy, who I started a conversation with. it went as such:
"Wow that big man has a rat!" "Boo is not a rat, Boo is miniature giant space hampster who claws out the eyes of little boys who call him a rat." "OOOOOOOOOOHHH!"

Old 11-22-2000, 07:11 PM   #40
Ronn

Early on in the game, my character was hit by lightning and KILLED!