Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 09:38 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Sorry Neb, my reply was a bit flippant. No offense meant, ok

I don't go into the ALSB stuff, but from what I've seen of your posting, you come across as intelligent, thoughtful and fun.

You know, in RL, most people describe me as dull and boring.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:39 AM   #12
Epona
Zartan

Also, it is a very interesting question. We probably get very different reactions online than we would face to face. For example, in RL I can tell easily by body language and facial expression wether I am annoying someone, or if they have lost the thread during my inane ramblings, and thus I can adjust accordingly during the interaction.
You can't do this online. Sometimes I post something here, and I think I'm being amusing in a cheeky way, and I'm either taken too seriously or ignored completely! But I'm not sure, because of the lack of body language, what the actual reaction has been!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-17-2001, 09:44 AM   #13
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Also, it is a very interesting question. We probably get very different reactions online than we would face to face. For example, in RL I can tell easily by body language and facial expression wether I am annoying someone, or if they have lost the thread during my inane ramblings, and thus I can adjust accordingly during the interaction.
You can't do this online. Sometimes I post something here, and I think I'm being amusing in a cheeky way, and I'm either taken too seriously or ignored completely! But I'm not sure, because of the lack of body language, what the actual reaction has been!

Don't worry about the "Attention seeker? " thing, no harm done there.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:52 AM   #14
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

Now - enough ego-boosting for me! Back to work!

"Back to work!"? You wouldn't happen to be posting on IW while you're supposed to be working are you? I know that if I ever got a job which involved much work in front of a computer, then I'd be spending half that time on IW.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:46 AM   #15
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I asked the very same question long time ago to a classmate of mine...

his reply was:

"you're you"

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
The Host of Sigs
Old 10-17-2001, 10:59 AM   #16
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
What sort of a person do you percieve me as?
Okay, Neb. Here is my opinion. You seem to be an intelligent and creative young man. You are a gentleman and you have an excellent sense of humor. Granted, I've only read a couple hundred of your posts within the last week, but I've noticed that you are quite the storyteller. You make the characters come alive and I'm glad to know you. You are not egocentric in the least although one would think that you would be from your stories. You show a respectful tone when dealing with your elders and you obviously put much thought into your responses. You are patient with those of us who are geographically impaired and have difficulties with other languages.

If I had children and if I had a daughter, I would let you date her if you promised to bring her back before 20:00. hehe You inspire trust in those you come in contact with. Just know that when it comes to maturity, that I have to continue to state much much veracity and conviction that Two Fitty (250) is the maturest.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-17-2001, 11:31 AM   #17
Neb

I think that you might be overdoing the nice comments a bit, I mean, I can't be THAT nice, can I?
Old 10-17-2001, 11:31 AM   #18
Sorcerer Alex

Well Neb, I see you as a shy, likeable kind of guy. You're the kind of person I'd like to be friends with in RL. I haven't been here very long so I can't say much else about you, but I like you so far, mate

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-17-2001, 01:01 PM   #19
Neb

I'd just like to return all the kind things that have been said about me in this thread, each and every one of you is equally deserving of such wonderful comments.
Old 10-17-2001, 01:06 PM   #20
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Neb, even if we didn't cross path very often before 9-11, you seem to be a very nice and intelligent men. I wouldn't worry too much about what people tought of you. You should worry more about what you think of yourself.

Kudos, BTW, I'm not sure I would have had the gusts to ask that if I really wanted to know.

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential