Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 06:56 AM   #1
Lord Denark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just downloaded a custom character file and it has custom items. The readme file went as follows...
"To import the items to the game (2 ways):

1 Place the itm. files in your override folder and use CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxx") to get the items into your game.
But this will not update your Dialog file so you will not be able to see the item descriptions of the items in the game.

2 Use IEEP to convert the tbg files to itm files. You can get it from www.teambg.com. This will update your Dialog file so you will be able to see the item descriptions. When you have made the tbg files into itm files place them in your override folder

This is why the items comes in both tbg´s and itm´s "

Could anyone helpme here. I don't know where I'm supposed to type CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxx") and I'm unsure what IEEP is...

Any help would be appreciated greatly...
Old 11-26-2001, 07:06 AM   #2
Whailor

IEEP is a thing, what I really suggest to leave alone, unless you know how to use it well

You can use it to extract stuff from the game, which uses Infinity Engine, and modify those and thus create own customized items and all that, but frankly, if you have never done anything such, then better not. VERY easy to mess all up. As for items, then many things for BG1 and BG2 work the same way: simply copy the files to 'override' folder and play the games. If it's some new, specific item, you can get it in-game by using CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxxx") or something like that. Have to have the debug mode turned on though.

Oh, and it's also sort of "cheating" Not as big as with, say, ShadowKeeper, but still.
Old 11-26-2001, 07:07 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

OK, IEEP is a program which you can use to strip items from the game, and which allows you to make your own custom characters and items.
You can get it from http://www.teambg.com/

CLUAConsole is simple, I've posted it in two threads on the first page already, so if you don't mind I'll just copy it from there....

Go to your BG2 folder and find the Baldur.ini file. Make a back-up of it to be safe. Open the file, and under the header Program Options, add the following line:

Debug Mode=1

Save the file and start up your game. When you're in your current game, press Ctrl + Space, and a small typing window will appear. Copy the following exactly into the window:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("XXXXXX")

now press Enter.