Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2001, 06:02 PM   #1
Jolly Pirate
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What level should I be to take on the Red Dragon successfully? I must be too low. That guy is kicking my butt so fast my head is spinning.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:20 PM   #2
Rikard

I defeated the Red Dragon at leven 12 last time
though the first time i played i couldn;t defeat him at level 18
work out a nice tactic and try it
if it doesn;t work try it again
i recommend you to be at least level 12 and preverbly higher (16 is nice)
but technique is more important then anything

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 06:20 PM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

I can usually take him at about level 12. What level are you at now?
Old 10-25-2001, 06:22 PM   #4
Jolly Pirate
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, that is what I suspected. I am still early on in the game and none of my characters are that high yet. Doh!
Old 10-25-2001, 06:39 PM   #5
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

you should be at at least level twelve, cause then you get good abilities, and can cast sixth level spells with your mages or sorcerors. of course, i actually beat the quest for the celetial fury in the second chapter, legitimately too i might add, but was never able to do it again. traps, and cloudkill combo's are NICE. just try different things. if you cast web with your mage, and entangle with your clerics or rangers, then cast a cloudkill in the middle of it, and hit them with ranged weapons, you can EASILY defeat alot of stuff. what im getting at is that yes you do need SOME levels to beat the dragon, because of thaco and the like. you also need decent hp's to survive him, and lower saving throws to deal with his spells and breath.(halitosis sux) what you need the most though is some technique. hope this helps at least to a small degree.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine