Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 10:36 AM   #21
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't on last night, 'cause I would have taken this thread an ENTIRELY different direction .. ehm...

I agree that it is the little things that turn the axis of a relationship. Calling her when you are thinking about her. Giving her flowers when neither one of you has done anything to warrent it. Just because. Having a tape of her favorite songs in your car so when she gets in, you have it ready. Finding out what those songs are... buying food for her at your place so she has something there to eat (some people need more than beer, pop, pretzels and chips). Buying contact case/solution even though you don't have contacts. Making time each week to venture into the other person's world a little. Watch a movie that she wants to see in return for her watching the game with you, or having her get involved in your RPG. Knowing what the little things are that can make your relationship work better IS the big thing.

BK
Old 06-04-2001, 10:47 AM   #22
Moni

Well, BK, you are the man!

my apologies for offending anyone with my whinings lol but it looked like a good place to vent.

Personally, I am one who believes the little things are inportant on both ends of the relationship. I do little things for friendships too...you can never have enough love and happiness in your life, unless of course, the other person is an emotionally obsessed, overbearing, soul smothering, life-sucking loser.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 12:14 PM   #23
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well, moni, dont worry bout it! i whine all the time.. and peeps are getting sick of it. so its okay to whine just a lil! j/k!

anyways, umm... guys... i should ask a different question... which do you love more,

small or big things?

dont make it complimentary, moreso just a mere comparison

ex: a business recognition or popcorn and a movie? get?

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-04-2001, 12:34 PM   #24
Moni

If the business recognition invloves a substantial raise, hand it over lol!
Otherwise, give me the movie and popcorn with a soda to wash it all down.

Hey, thanks for letting me whine LOL! I promise I'll keep it to a minimum!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 12:46 PM   #25
Conan

Small things definitely... A grand present at Christmas time, a new jacket or shoes on your b-day is all good mind you, but I look for the day to day small things, bring me a cold drink when you see me sweating...put things away after you use them, a little kind word of re-assurance to show me that it matters. A warm touch and kiss in a grid locked traffic jam..I could go on.
For all those who have felt these things slip a little just start on your side, and see whats left. I have found out in the past that once these little things are gone so is the intimacy in most cases. You have to try yourself thow..even if things dont work, you will know that you did try. If anybody needs to have an ear for awhile I am here. I have seen my share.But dont think that if you do these little things that you will automatically fix things..I thought that when my first wife was fading it was my fault. She was cheating on me...blah. blah She faded away herself. Nothing I could do. Well, Im rambling now..
Conan

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 05:42 PM   #26
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
I'll be alright...
Just remembering the "little things" she forgot to do, and the "little habit" she picked up. His name was Richard...

[/B]
Dawg, I am SOOO with you on that one...mine picked up a little habit called Matt, and Marc, and Troy, and....damn, that sucks.....anyway, I feel for ya.

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Awake, Aware and Loving Life to the best of my abilities
Tracker of the fair Cleric Charean

[This message has been edited by Zeeke75 (edited 06-04-2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 05:51 AM   #27
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Your the lucky mine picked up herpes j/k
Old 06-05-2001, 05:56 AM   #28
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hey!

this is not as funny as it should be. i like this thread of mine to be lil sentimental and make peeps think for awhile.. its not that depressing anyways.

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-05-2001, 05:58 AM   #29
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I think the most important part of any successful relationship with a female is that I have to be the male in it

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-05-2001, 06:16 AM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

geez, isnt that a lil obvious???

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...