Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-04-2001, 12:53 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well, heres the q...

of course you and you loved one has gone through a lot (hopefully), and you know each other very well... i was just wondering, small things count. does it to you? to me it does, A LOT!

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-04-2001, 12:57 AM   #2
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

As everyone here knows, I'm a SingleDawg...
but, I must say this.

Little things mean more than the big things.

They show what is in the "inner" heart. The part that no-one else sees...

I'll give some examples when I stop crying

------------------
Old 06-04-2001, 12:57 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Little things count, because they add up to big things. I'm thinking of positive things, however. A kind word, a gracious gesture, doing something unexpectedly kind, no matter how small...these are the nails that hold together a strong relationship between two people.

On the other hand, promises broken, no matter how small, snide comments, refusing to budge on issues, petty jealousies...these are the termites that eat away and will eventually erode a relationship.

I've found that in the long run, the huge things are rarely what make or break a relationship...it is the little things that count the most.

Old 06-04-2001, 12:59 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
I'll give some examples when I stop crying

RudeDawg...you okay?

...concerned about his friend.
Old 06-04-2001, 01:01 AM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
RudeDawg...you okay?

...concerned about his friend.
I'll be alright...
Just remembering the "little things" she forgot to do, and the "little habit" she picked up. His name was Richard...

------------------
Old 06-04-2001, 01:02 AM   #6
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

everything matters to me.. big or little its the thought that counts

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 06-04-2001, 01:05 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Awww, RudeDawg...

I guess it happens to all of us, at some point in time. But you are so right, it is the little things.

Little things, left unattended, turn into BIG things.

I'm truly sorry, my friend. But you will find someone else! Let your wonderful heart be seen.

Old 06-04-2001, 01:06 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i love the lil things better... those are my specialty... i know they count more... and it will...

but if some doesnt realize that, then whats the use!

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-04-2001, 01:10 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

thattl be ayt... that make the two of us!!! though i am not single coz i broke up with someone... jsut plain ol single...

im with ya bro!

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 01:17 AM   #10
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Awww, RudeDawg...

I guess it happens to all of us, at some point in time. But you are so right, it is the little things.

Little things, left unattended, turn into BIG things.

I'm truly sorry, my friend. But you will find someone else! Let your wonderful heart be seen.

yup, and she was TWO relationships back... but, again, it's the "little things" you remember. All the good memories are of the "little things", the times neither of you were trying, things just clicked.

The bad memories are when the "little things" are left behind. When she no longer cares if you are happy, or sick. When you notice she quit saying "Thank You" When you stop caring about her day.

You can still go through the motions with the "big things", the dates, the dinners with friends, the outward appearance. but the private things are gone. "Goodnight" means "Goodbye", and your heart doesn't skip when you hear her voice on the phone.

You know it's over when you suspect there's someone else, and the only pain is your pride. Besides that, there was only relief that it was over, and you weren't the bad guy.

On the OTHER hand, the "little things" make your life worth living.

I believe that joy is relative to the risk to reach it. To have the ultimate joy, you must risk total annihilation. Some times you fall, but sometimes you fly. And I'm here to tell you. It's worth the risk, I SWEAR TO G*D, when it works, love is the greatest... It is worth the risk.

------------------