Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-14-2001, 02:50 PM   #21
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

For a truly Spamming experience. Attend the annual Spamfest. Yes, there is an entire festival devoted to that fine canned cuisine. A colleague of mine from Indiana has attended in the past.
Old 03-14-2001, 08:25 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ewww! Sorry you had to experience an actual can of SPAM Yorick! YeGods! Did ya ever get a gander at those "ingredients" onder: eh? No? Best off I say. I wish you luck with the next cupboard you encounter!

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 09:20 PM   #23
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

When i worked in a college kitchen (my dark period) the mad scottish (is that a tautology) chef told me how when he took over the job the stores were almost exclusively stocked with spam! we're talking shelves and shelves with nothing but boxes of spam. apparently the previous chef was receiving kickbacks or something for ordering such large quantities. as fate would have it he could not get another food budget approved until most stock had been used so for his first year or so he was devising new ways to serve spam. spam salad, spam and cheese sandwitches, deep fried battered spam, spam meat loaf, spam sausage rolls, spam pies, spam casseroles, spam rissoles, spam stew, pea and spam soup, it just went on and on. imagine those poor students having too eat that crap (their meals were included in fees so they didn't have much choice!)
that's just disgusting

------------------

Yea hath Cor Leonis said?
Old 03-14-2001, 09:35 PM   #24
Ladyzekke

I agree Leonis, that must have been a disgusting display of spam! Spam stew? (images of hunks of floating boiling spam) Blek! Wonder who invented that stuff anyway? Bet he didn't eat it.

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 09:59 PM   #25
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

yeah, i'm sure it's a government conspiracy to dispose of nuclear waste as food...

------------------

Old 03-14-2001, 10:13 PM   #26
Ladyzekke

Leonis - Yes, you know something's up when the price of dogfood is in fact more expensive than Spam! "Grind it up, they'll never know the difference."! Much like Taco Bell here in the States, except they don't have to print ingredients on their products. Makes you wonder about those Taco Bell chiuauawa commericials...

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 10:15 PM   #27
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

damnit yorick! i always seem to be here a few hours after you!
oh well at least i have my sig back

------------------

Old 03-14-2001, 10:22 PM   #28
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

sorry ladyzekke i wasn't ignoring u. i've been hoping to catch up with yorick for ages and we always leave reply at different times. as for the other, i got this email from a friend with a pic of a woman holding a mcdonalds chicken box. she's holding up a crumbed chicken's head that "accidently" made it's way through the system! our food is seriously dodgy. how's proccessed cheese? that's a worry

------------------

Old 03-14-2001, 10:31 PM   #29
Ladyzekke

Leonis - Dear God say no more! I'll never eat again!! Don't worry about always replying to me, we all pop in and out of here so randomly as it is! I've got to duck out myself right now anyway, as it is getting late (timezones). I hope you eventually get ahold of Yorick, he's a hard one to catch sometimes! Have a nice evening!

------------------
Old 03-15-2001, 06:30 AM   #30
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Leonis, I've had a throat infection today so I'll only be here a short while (all day in bed and that's where I'm heading back to). That's what makes the board better than a chat room, conversations can span the timezones, right Ladyzekke?

Donut, I am in mourning. Officially grieving. India is a place of barbarism and unsportsmanlike canibals. Imagine their hide. Not only escaping being beaten, but WINNING! I'm choking on these words as they sputter out. Bring on Chennai, this must be avenged.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!