Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #1
nokturnal_1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Light Bulb

In the noggin on ol' skull island, I arrived at the crossroads that are in the shape of a central pillar with a four-way, each having a set of 3 platforms which are raised and lowered via switches in 4 control rooms. The combinations of switch settings usually results in the need to jump, as rarely can all three of any given side be raised together, and certainly if one side DOES have all three up, the remaining directions certainly wont/cant. At any rate, without divulging the combo, do this; make sure all four directions have TWO platforms raised. This IS possible, actually easy. (I digress) whenever 2 platforms are up, you don't need to jump. All that you do is RUN! But there is a thing that does help here, and that is, "look" slightly up. Just a smidgen. tap the up then orient on the center of the doorway across the room, push the shift key(hold it) then ol' # 8 and you'll blaze over the gap. NOW the thing here is that the character will sort of pause or jerk. DON'T STOP RUNNING! Hold the buttons, and the character will maybe bobble then 'ping' he's on the center section. Calculating the jumps can be a pain. If you cant learn the running man,
go to the platforms, look almost straight down. ever so lowly moove to the edge till you fall, while noting at the fall, where the edge of the platform was. Now you have a decent reference point. the single platform gap can be jumped w/stepjump. (step followed by the jump button with maybe 1/2 a sec difference on the timing.
What is funny here at this area is the skelodumbs and zombidiots will walk right off the edge of a platform attempting to get to you. heheheheheheh. enjoy!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:44 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

You can do a more simple thing with this damned drawbridge puzzle. Let the levers be and jump into the water pool. Swim to the north bridge (it's down now) and climb on it. Climb the chain (it's possible) near the north exit from the north bridge and enter the north part of the dungeon. Seek the lever control room there and click all three levers there. All parts of all bridges will go up! No more jumping! No more need of aspirin and coffee
Old 06-23-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

With the help of a cheating program one can raise the party members' stats above 24. One can have stats up to several thousands. I have not tried that trick on a character's skills, but I believe it is possible. Perhaps with an athletics skill of a couple of hundreds it would be possible to bridge the gap in one jump without the help of the bridge parts.