Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #1
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Dundee originally posted this but I can't find his thread to bump it.

Understandably, there are some situations in Baldur's Gate II where you might be stuck and frustred. Please, however, no matter how frustrated you are, please refrain from using foul language as this is a family forum and there may well be children here. If you really must swear, please at least make the effort to edit it-ie, f***ing.

If you stick with these rules the forum will be a cleaner place. Please remember to bump this thread ocasionally.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:24 PM   #2
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I partly agree. But I don't see the need to swear at all, even if it is edited people can still see what the word is. So, when I put it that way there's no point in editing it, so, its best if foul language is best left out all together.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:29 PM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Maybe, but when you've just seen your characters eaten whole by whoever, you can't really just say "poot"

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Good work Kaltia, keep it up! Yeah i dont like swearing ............. thats 'cause i prefer punching the stupid computer
Old 08-28-2002, 04:34 PM   #5
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Lol, I can. But maybe thats just me... Oh man its true... I am the real life Ned Flanders okilly, dokelly.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:35 PM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:
Lol, I can. But maybe thats just me... Oh man its true... I am the real life Ned Flanders okilly, dokelly.
Now I am scared. Hi diddly hi! (I've heard him say that before...*shudder*)

Old 08-28-2002, 11:27 PM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

I fully agree with Kaltia. My suggestion is expresing the swear words with meaningless @#$% so that it even doesn't match the number of letters in the original word it encodes
Old 08-29-2002, 10:26 AM   #8
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I have noticed despite this that some people still swear. I won't mention anyone by name, but they know who they are. Can they please stop swearing, or use the aforementioned methods to cover their language up?

Old 08-29-2002, 10:43 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

While I don't have a problem with mild swearing, I know there are people here who do find it offensive. Please, dear forum members, try to refrain from swearing, or use something more creative to express frustration or displeasure (within forum limitations, of course!) Swearing doesn't do too much good in the long run, as well as making one look like he or she is trying to round out a 25-word vocabulary.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-29-2002, 10:48 AM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

stick with the animations, please, or cover your swearing up. Thanks for making my little thread look more official, Sazaerac [img]smile.gif[/img]

Closed Thread