Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-18-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Don't quote me because I'm not sure, but my 'we-don't-need-a-new-pc-even-though-Baldurs-Gate-2-is-one-of-the-most-recent-games-it-can-actually-run' dad might be starting to crack... Well, if my charm works, I might be getting this baby...

Looks good to me. Any comments? Oh and there is one thing want to ask: All the components seem good, but I'm having doubts about XP Home Edition. Some people here say it's great, some people say it's uncompatible with everything and should be burned like the potato it is. Considering the fact that the PC will be used mainly for gaming and internet surfing. So, contradictions aside, what is XP Home Edition like? Thanks in advance...

[ 04-18-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Jaradu ]
Old 04-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I only use my XP Home Edition for gaming and internet surfing. I think it is the most wise purchase I ever made.

Concerning the hardware specs...I am not computer saavy enough to tell you reasons behind my opinion, so I won't voice them. I do not remember how the money conversion goes to currency I understand, so I do not know if you are getting a good deal.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Good computer, for higher then top of the line (read: plain rididculous), get an alienware. BTW WIN-XP home is excellent. Very user friendly blah blah blah.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Looks exactly like my computer, but mine has 2.6 GHz instead of 3. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I have Windows XP Homes Edition; it runs every game that I've tried so far quite well. It's at least better than Windows Millenium. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 04-19-2004, 04:29 AM   #5
Epona
Zartan

A see-through perspex tower case with disco lights is a must - sod the graphics card and all that, you need disco lights. Trust me.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:02 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

that will definitly last you a couple of years of hardcore gaming.

Catch me if you can..