Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2003, 05:16 AM   #31
Jorath Calar
Harper

I feel like Homer Simpson browsing throught a Farside Calendar

I don't get, I don't get, I don't get, I don't get, I... don't get.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 05:17 AM   #32
Donut
Jack Burton

I think you're going to fit in here Masklinn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Okay, it loses something when it's explained but I'll have a go.

there is a phrase used mainly in London. If someone is being aggressive or loud you might say. 'Oi you! Don't come in here 'giving it all that!''. It is accompanied by a hand movement which involves the thumb closing on the four fingers repeatedly mimicking the acttion of a mouth. (It looks a bit like an ostrich).

The crab of course makes these actions naturally with his claws. So the barman was using both hands to make the 'mouthy' action.

When I told my brother the joke over the phone he laughed. He said he could guess what I was doing.

See?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-17-2003, 05:22 AM   #33
wellard
Dracolisk

posted 01-17-2003 05:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I
(1) + (2) + (3) = French + Pathetic + Racist.

I think I got it now.
This joke is then a uk-private joke about french people being pathetic and racist.

Somehow I don't like it at all

-- Masklinn --

PS : Thaz the better explanation i could get
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strange Masklinn the english are not usually obscure about there thoughts on the French!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-17-2003, 05:28 AM   #34
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Good post Masklinn - like your sense of humour.

And Donut ole pal - thanks for the explanation - I wouldaneveragotallthat - musbekulcheralikeyasaid

[ 01-17-2003, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 01-17-2003, 07:51 AM   #35
Epona
Zartan

Oh Ok Donut.
I can honestly say I've never seen anyone say or do that, at least that explains why I didn't understand it! I obviously go to the wrong places
Ah well, not feeling so stupid now!
*note to self - stop hanging out in Soho coffee bars!*
Old 01-17-2003, 07:58 AM   #36
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Oh Ok Donut.
I can honestly say I've never seen anyone say or do that, at least that explains why I didn't understand it! I obviously go to the wrong places
Ah well, not feeling so stupid now!
*note to self - stop hanging out in Soho coffee bars!*
You've never seen the comedian Mike Reid doing it?

'Shut it trappy!, you're doing my earoles in givin' it all that!' [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-17-2003, 08:00 AM   #37
Grungi
Banned User

ah well i had to have it spoiled for me, its not actually that funny, but yes i get it now, and yes you need to be british to understand it, i know the phrase and i can now visualise whats going on.

epona you must have heard on tv, esp on eastenders people making the mouth sign and saying "hes giving it all that" just translates as giving a lot of verbal, same kinda thing.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:01 AM   #38
Epona
Zartan

Er.... I watch telly for about an hour a month at most.... never seen him.... don't watch Eastenders...

[ 01-17-2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 01-17-2003, 10:41 AM   #39
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
ah well i had to have it spoiled for me, its not actually that funny,
Do what? Not funny? I suggest you try it out on a few people before you make that judgement!
Old 01-17-2003, 11:26 AM   #40
Grungi
Banned User

i did ! i tried it out on 4 other people, two londoners included, noone even got it, and after explaining it the most acheived was a wry smile [img]tongue.gif[/img] , sorry, must be your delivery and timing

lee evans was always good at the visual humour, but i prefer clever spoken to the visual standup stuff most of the time