Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-09-2002, 08:06 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

I have the opportunity to acquire a 58 T-Bird. It's a little rough and needs some TLC to get it back into shape, very little rust though, but still a fair bit of body work required. The engines pretty much baked, but the numbers match so with it would be an investment. Here's the problem: I'd have to sell my GTO which is 90% finished in order to finance it but I would be left with a sizable chunk of cash for the frame off resto. I'd like to keep the GTO,it's way too much fun to drive [img]smile.gif[/img] but I can't justify another project as I barely have enough time to work on one these days let alone two. Any advice?
Old 07-09-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Keep the car you have!!. One that works is always better than one that is rusty and not working. From the sound of it , the T-bird isnt in that great of shape. Maybe you can talk the guy down in price.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:51 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

unless you're planning on being a collector, one man never needed two cars...
Old 07-09-2002, 08:52 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
unless you're planning on being a collector, one man never needed two cars...
I guess you haven't seen my driveway. How about 4?
Old 07-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
Charean
Hathor

I understand the wanting of a new project! Been there. Best thing I can tell you is that you have to decide whether or not this project is really worth the asking price. Do you show these cars? (To be honest, I prefer the muscle cars, myself!)

Think about the time involved and the monetary and other costs. If you really want this, then do it. But if you don't want to give up what you have, then don't. Just know that if you don't get it, you should not regret your choice. Ya know?